Chapter 8

Xavier's POV

I feel her presence before I even hear her knock. She proceeds to enter after hearing my voice inviting her in.

Today the tray she carries contains French toast, mixed fruit jam, orange juice in a pitcher and a cup of black coffee. Not bad for a person who claims she doesn't know me. This takes me back to when I agreed to our little arrangement.

Flashback
Dropping my pen, I let out a sign of frustration since I couldn't work ever since Dove walked in here in the morning asking for a truce between us. Logan words also contribute to confusing me more.

Maybe this could be a good thing but in the likely event that this goes sour than I could just reject her and move on with my life.

Finally giving up, I decide to head downstairs where I find Dove in the kitchen making dinner. I watch her dance around the kitchen finding ingredients to what looks like a pasta sauce. A smile unconsciously finds its way to my face.

"Can we talk?" I ask her when I near her. She jumps a little when I speak surprised to know I'm behind her. She looks nods meekly while looking looking down embarrassed knowing that I witnessed her little dance number.

"I thought about what you said and I'm willing to give it a chance." I reply not the knowing the outcome of this agreement. I like to be in control of things and knowing the outcome of everything I plan before I start doing it. But this is nerve wrecking.
Flashback over.

I'm pulled away from my thoughts when I hear my name being called.

"Goodmorning Alpha Adams." She says looking down. I don't know what it is but hearing her call us Alpha instead of our name made my wolf and i growl in anger.

"Call me Xavier." I reply.

She lifts her head up and I catch a glimpse of a smile before it vanishes.

During the meal I could see that she wanted to say something but was stopping herself.

"You can tell me whatever you want to say."

"How old are you?" Seriously this is the thing she wanted to ask?

"25." I reply.

Our session continued like that. She asked the questions while I answer without looking up.

I don't look up and I busy myself with my breakfast as an excuse to not see her beautiful face and those sparkling emerald eyes of hers. Looking within those eyes will feel like being lost in a forest I can't escape and I don't want that since love makes one weak.

"What happened to your parents?" I froze after hearing this question. Why does she want to know? We were getting along without the darkness of her present question.

"That's none of your business and it will do you better to stop asking irrelevant questions." I reply and I can tell that my eyes changed their colour from their normal hazel to a darker brown due to the fear that was once present on her face.

Just as fast as the fear came it was gone now a determined look crossed her face.

I wonder what's she thinking about.

"I'm sorry." She apologises.

The atmosphere changed after her question and whatever question she asked I answered using monosyllables or didn't answer at all. My mind just wasn't there anymore.

I can tell she picked up on the hints I don't want to talk anymore and left the issue alone. Once I was done with the breakfast she took the tray and left without a goodbye. Her not saying goodbye somehow hurt.

Strange

I pushed all those thoughts to the back of my head and concentrated at the task at hand until my very annoying best friend and beta walked in.

"I just saw Dove coming out of here, does that mean you two are getting along now?" He asks while planting his ass on my sofa and placing his legs on my glass coffee table. He really needs a mate so he can stop harassing me.

"We are trying. We still need to get to know each other and build trust for anything to happen between us. Also you know my outlook on relationships and love." I reply saddened by my current state.

I have something most unmated werewolves would kill to have and a woman who is willing to try with me. Heck she left her family for me, well I forced her but still she here. I just wish I was normal like Logan who has no worries in the world.

"I can see you are trying my friend but I salute you for that because what you have been through isn't easy. In time everything would be okay between you two." He replies.

Even though Logan and I don't always get along but he's been there for me ever since our childhood. No one knows me better than him or understands me better. He is the brother i always wanted and just wish that he too finds his happiness one day cause he's an incredible guy who will make one incredibly lucky lady very happy.

Logan eventually leaves and I continue with the paperwork upon my desk when a pair of sparkling emerald eyes enter my brain. A small smile emerges on my face and I'm glad no one is here to witness this.

Hello, it's been awhile since I last updated. Life has been interesting but now I'm back and expect updates every Tuesday and Friday.

Do you think Xavier will let go of his fears and embrace the opportunity he has with Dove?

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT or SHARE.

Love, Ria.