Chapter 30

Dove's POV

I groan as the morning light hits my face. Sitting up the sheets fall from me and that's when I remember yesterday's activities. Why didn't I stop when I had the chance?

Looking for something to cover myself, I'm out of luck because my shawl is on a couch across the room. Hoping Xavier doesn't wake up I remove the sheet and tiptoe to the couch. I'm glad that Xavier doesn't live in the pack house and our room faces away from the pack house since it would have been embarrassing if someone saw me.

Pretending nothing is wrong I start my morning routine. I wonder if Xavier will leave the room now that he is better or I'm stuck sharing it. Lost in my thoughts I trip over the bathroom step waking Xavier up.

"Dove, are you okay?" He says when he reaches me. I breathe a sign of relief when he turns me around and I see that he's wearing his underwear.

"I'm fine." I say quickly before locking myself in the bathroom. Why am I so nervous around him it's not like yesterday was the first time we had sex. Pushing all my thoughts aside, I start my routine and soon I'm heading downstairs looking for breakfast.

Downstairs I find Xavier shirtless only wearing a low hanging sweatpants. His back muscles flex as he cuts into the bread loaf. I'm mesmerised just watching him do normal everyday tasks but my joy was short lived when he notices me staring at him like a stalker.

Girl, admit it that's why you jumped him yesterday.

Sometimes I wish I didn't get my wolf since its like having a sassy version of you in your head judging everything you do.

"I love you too babygirl." I shake my head and smile at my wolf's Jaz antics.

"If you're done talking to Jaz, take a seat breakfast is ready." Xavier says with a small smile on his face.

The table has every breakfast food you can imagine from eggs to pancakes to bread. When did he get the time to make all this? Even though I want to sit down I can't since if I do than he would think we are okay when we aren't.

"I'm sorry, I don't feel hungry right now." I say as I turn around to leave when I hear him talking, his voice a gentle murmur, "What can I do to make things right? To make you love me?" again."

I turn around and meet his gaze, a hint of vulnerability appearing in my voice."Just be truthful, Xavier. No more secrets."

"What do you want to know?"

"I want to know everything. I want to know why I got kidnapped, what happened to you as a child to make you like this. Are you always going to leave when things get tough?" I reply with sorrow on my voice and tears in my eyes.

Xavier walks toward me and wipes my tears than leads me to the couch. We sit facing each other but I can tell this is hard for him but I need to know.

"My childhood started as normal as possible, I had two loving parents who would do anything for me. One day when I was nine my mother was kidnapped, she was tortured and raped. My father went crazy looking for her and can't imagine what he felt when he remains were brought back in a shabby looking box. He tried to move on and be a good father for me but one day I found him in his office with a gunshot wound in his head. From there on I was moved from my hometown in Kent to to New Orleans and from there on my life never been the same." Xavier starts looking away.

"My uncle, my father's older brother made me into his own personal maid, I would do everything around the house and you can imagine how traumatic that is for a someone that young."

He continues to tell him how he met Logan since they were neighbours and how he became his saving grace. He also told me about a scar on his hand he previously refused to. He tells me that at 16 he was feed up so he challenged he uncle to a dual whoever won would choose the punishment for the other and be alpha of the pack. He won so he killed his uncle and his entire family since all of them tortured him.

Xavier finally tells me why I was kidnapped and tells me she is dead now but refuses to tell how she died and where Logan is since that isn't his story.

"Dove, I'm not perfect and I'm sorry for abandoning you when you needed me the most. All the feelings I thought I delt with came tumbling out once more and I didn't know how to deal with them." He says with so much regret looking down on hands.

I move closer and lift his face so we are staring in each other's eyes. "Thank you for opening up and I would never leave you. I was just hurt, I still love you Xavier."

The truth, raw and unfiltered, was the salve i needed. It was painful, but it was the only way forward.

As the day unfolded, we found solace in sacred tears, mourning not only the sins of the past but the unborn life that was a part of our dreams. Grief, like a bittersweet symphony, played its haunting melody as we lay wrapped in each other's arms. Somehow both of us knew that we would be okay.

Eventually, we got up and had to reheat the breakfast which now turned to lunch as we laughed to movies on Netflix. The storm has finally passed.

In the quiet of the quiet of the evening, Xavier suggested a visit to the grave of our unborn baby. I haven't been there every since we buried him. I didn't even know if I was having a girl or boy.

The air outside was cool, a gentle breeze silently blowing. Hand in hand, we walked towards the small memorial. The grave, adorned with flowers and tokens of love stood as a silent reminder to our shared pain.

Kneeling beside it, fingers intertwined, memories started flowing from the first positive pregnancy test, to Xavier being overly protective, to the crushing despair as I was told I lost them.

I traced the engraved name on the small headstone, my voice a soft murmur, "We never got to hold you, but you were dearly loved."

Xavier, his eyes which held every emotion I was feeling now added, "We'll always care you in our heart."

As we sit there I stare at the name as it reads "Beloved unborn baby Adams."

I'm glad we came here today, it felt like I was finally progressing with my healing. Even though I would never forget them, it's time to move on.

In the quiet of this sacred space, we made promises to each other and to the memory of our lost child. Promises to be honest, to cherish the moments, and to navigate the unpredictable journey of life hand in hand.

As we rose from the grave, a sense of peace lingered. The healing had begun. We were scarred but stronger, and we walked away from the hallowed ground with a shared understanding that some wounds, though never forgotten, could be mended with time and love.