Chapter 4

Dove's POV

Arriving home I try to avoid dad since I know he would want to know my whereabouts and once he finds out that I spoke with Alpha Adams agreeing to leave with him tomorrow, he will go ballistic.

I'm laying in my bed facing the ceiling when Daniel, my brother barges into my room.

"What is this I hear that you are Alpha Adams' mate and you agreed to go with him?"  He shouts while his dark green eyes turns darker.

"You heard right. I'm Alpha Adams mate and we are leaving tomorrow." I reply.

"You are not leaving with that monster. Do you even know how deadly he is? For goodness sake Dove come to your senses, you're are smart girl don't leave with him. That guy killed his own uncle, his own flesh and blood. You think he won't do the same thing to you?" Danny's voice breaks a little at the end. I understand his concern for his little sister.

Growing up Danny and I have always be close to each other due to the fact that our parents were mostly busy running the pack and doing alpha and luna duties. Our close age gap also contributed to our closeness. When he first shifted I was so excited that in I'm going to shift to but I learned I couldn't shift until I was marked by my mate, he was there to support me and cheer me up.

“I know Alpha Adams doesn’t have the best reputation around and I know I’m risking a lot by going with him but we can’t deny the truth that he is my mate. If you found your mate than I would be happy for you and I’ll not prevent you from being with her.” I reply calmly.

“Dove, you’re my baby sister and it’s my duty to protect you from everyone including assholes like Adams.” He replies emotionally.

“You don’t get it do you? Daniel, Alpha Adams is one of the strongest alphas out there and if we go into war with him our pack will surely lose and then he will take me and the pack.” I say slowly trying to make him see logic. But I guess that decision is fruitless when he turns around and walks out of my room slamming the door behind him.

That night I didn't sleep, dreadful of what the morning will bring.

*****
The next morning I woke up early and started to pack my things. At 8am I heard a commotion downstairs and I knew that he was here.

Downstairs I find Danny and Xavier in a heated argument both screaming profanities at each other. I go towards Danny to pull him away since I know of they continue someone is going to get seriously hurt.

Before I even touch him I hear a growl and I'm pulled into a hard almost wall like chest. I'm immediately surrounded by his cologne which smells like rain and mint among other spices.

"We are leaving today and there is nothing you can do to stop it." He grumbles out. As he talks his chest vibrates which provides me with a beautiful sensation.

"Alpha Adams, why don't you leave tomorrow so today we can have a farewell party for Dove." When I hear mum's voice I'm shocked since she never directly input her opinion on the Alpha Adams matter.

Having a farewell party will be great since I don't know when I would see my friends and family again.

"Okay, you can gave your farewell party but we are leaving the first thing tomorrow." To say I'm surprised will be an understatement. I thought he was going to say no. Maybe he isn't so bad after all.

I untangle myself from Xavier and head towards mum to help her plan the impromptu farewell party.

****

The party turned out to be better than expected due to how fast we got things done.

The party was great. There was food, music and the funniest and the craziest part of all was when Danny was told to give a speech. It was beautiful as he recounted our adventures together until he started to talk about Alpha Adams. Let's just say if I didn't try and hold Alpha Adams than my brother would have been history.

I try to excuse myself but moving is hard due to Alpha Adams steel like arm around my waist.

"Alpha Adams, can you remove your arm please." I whisper to him.

"Call me Xavier." He whispers back while removing his arm. I quietly get up and head towards the washroom.

I accidently bump into a person on my way back. Looking up I find Trisha. Trisha is a werewolf here in the pack who is obsessed with looking like a life real Barbie doll. She thinks the world owes her something and she thinks that she is Danny's mate. Sometimes I feel almost pitiful for her when Danny rejects her so mercilessly.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" She taunts blocking my way.

"What do you want, Trisha." I reply not in the mood to deal with her stupidity.

"Not much just to leave Xavier with me since I realised your brother is useless compared to my beautiful Xavier." She speaks full of confidence. Ok is this chick crazy? Was she dropped on her head when she was a baby? I always knew that she had some screws loose but I didn't know she was this crazy.

"He is your mate, ok than. But one question where is your bond with him. Oh yeah you don't have one cause he is MY mate. Now if you would please excuse me. I got a mate waiting for me." I say.

It happened so fast and before I knew it I was shoved up against the wall and looking at Trisha I see her nails have elongated ready to scratch my eyes out. These are the times I wish I was a werewolf since than I could defend myself and not be frozen hoping to be saved.

Just when I was prepared to die she was ripped from me. My saviour has his back towards me but I will recognise that back anywhere as the back of my infamous mate.

"You are the one who should stay away from her cause the next time I see you even breathing the same air she is, you will pay for it with your life." He growls. I have never seen Trisha that scared. Serves her right.

"Are you okay?" He asks when he near me. I only nod as my answer, hypnotised on his flawless actions against Trisha. He lifted her like she weighed nothing and the way he threw her away before he picked her up and pinned her against the wall.

Wow. Now I why people who mess with Xavier don't live to tell the tale.

Hey, thanks for reading this chapter.

If you like this chapter please consider clicking the little star.

What are your thoughts about Danny? Do you agree with him?

Love
Ria.