Chapter 12

Xavier’s POV

I wake up with a groan realising my neck went stiff after sleeping on the uncomfortable couch. I slept on the couch since I didn’t want to disturb Dove with all my twists and turns in bed which could aggravate her injury.

Glancing across the room I see that she is still sleeping in the same position as she slept in. Yesterday I was really worried about her and her safety. The forest is not a safe place especially for someone like her who doesn’t have a wolf.

Yesterday when I held her was one of the best moments of my life. The heat that her body excluded was divine and I wanted more especially when she wrapped her hands around me and snuggled closer. If only I could be the mate she deserves but we can’t have everything we want, right?

I head to the bathroom and do my daily morning routine. Emerging fully clothed I head to my office to see what needs to be done today before calling the pack doctor for Dove.

Hours pass when I realise that Dove might have woken up by now so I head back to our room to check on her and see if she needs any help. I rush to help and carry when I see she is struggling to stand up. I carry her and head into the bathroom. I sit her on the bathroom counter while I search for her toothbrush.

“Thanks.” She replies after I give her the toothbrush. I just smile in return. I turn around in order to call a female omega to help her change when she grabs my wrist.

“Can you help me shower, please?” To say i'm stunned would have been an understatement. I thought she didn’t want me to help. Nevertheless I nod as a sign of my approval.

I gulp as I come face to face with her perky round braless breasts. I don’t know how many times I dreamt of seeing them but I control myself. I'm dreading removing her pyjama pants and seeing the one thing that has been the cause of all the cold showers I’ve been taking.

Eventually the time came and I had to remove her pants. I could feel my dick growing hard from carrying her warm naked body in my arms. I just hope she can’t feel it. I gently place her in the bathtub that I previously filled and leave after telling her to call me when done.

After I’m away from her I take a long breathe that I desperately needed. If I knew it was going to be this hard being around her in that state than I would have gladly called for an omega to assist her.

I open her closet to find something for her to wear when I find a cute blue sun dress with white polka dots on it. I know I have to find her undergarments but I don’t think I could handle seeing that drawer even though I know it needs to be done. So closing my eyes I open it and pull the first thing I touch and repeat the same process with her bras.

Eventually I hear my name being called so I return to the bathroom and lift her from the tub. I don’t dare look down as I tell her to wrap her hands around my neck so I can wrap a towel around her.

I dress her in silence and thank God she didn’t complain about the unmatching bra and underwear. I carry her downstairs for her breakfast when she grips my wrist for the second time that day.

“Thanks for everything you are doing for me. I know you don’t like me that much but you still help me even though you don’t have to.”

Don’t like her? If only she knew.

While having breakfast I hear the doorbell ring so I get up to answer it to reveal the pack doctor who I called to check on Dove.

“Good morning Alpha, I hope you are doing well this morning.” She says will a slight bow. With a good morning back I allow her to enter to check on Dove who is still sitting on the dining room table with her injured leg outstretched.

“Good morning Luna. Can I have a look at your injury please?”

“Good morning, you don’t have to call me Luna, Dove is just fine.” She replies.

The doctor doesn’t respond and gets to work inspecting her ankle. I immediately get worried when I see her face suddenly turn serious and ask to talk to me in private.

“Alpha, i'm saddened to tell you that her injury is severe and we don’t have the appropriate medicine and equipment to treat a human like her. Our medicine may cause greater harm than good since our werewolf genes respond better to medicine than human ones. My suggestion is to take her to a human town so she can get her treatment there. Once again, i'm truly sorry.”

Human town? The closest human town is two hours away. I don’t think she can handle that type of pain and travel. Suddenly I remember that the pack hospital has a helicopter that is used to airlift patients and that way it will only take forty five minutes to reach the hospital.

“Thanks for coming Doctor. I hope the helicopter is free to airlift her.” I reply.
With a few calls we make all the arrangements for Dove and currently we are on our way to the human hospital.

Arriving there we are immediately taken into the emergency ward and within a few minutes a male doctor is with us. I can see that Dove is attracted to idiot doctor with his pearly white smile and his stupid hazel eyes. I wish I could slash his throat with my claws but we aren’t supposed to disclose our existence to humans unless they are our mates.

So for the next hour I sit there thinking of all the ways I could mutilate and kill that idiotic human. I was so grateful when he was done and prescribed Dove a walking boot and some crutches due to having torn ligaments. Having rejected those crutches in favour of carrying Dove everywhere that doctor finally noticed my presence.

“I’m Xavier Adams, her husband.” I almost laughed due to the shocked look on both of their faces as I kissed Dove on the forehead while saying that.

Eventually we leave that hospital without me committing murder and this time I decide to drive since Dove got some new painkillers to help with the pain and i want some extra time with her. I'm grateful she didn’t say anything about the husband comment since I don’t know what drove me to say that.

These are going to be the longest six weeks of my life until her ankle has completely healed.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Don’t forget to Comment or Vote.

Love, Ria 😘