Chapter 26

Xavier’s POV

It’s been awhile since Dove left and I’m starting to get worried. Calling her it goes straight to voicemail. I start to get this nauseating feeling that something is deeply wrong so I decide to go and find her. Arriving at Logan’s house I see the door slightly ajar which makes my anxiousness worse.

Inside I find Logan unconscious slated against the chair he’s sitting on. He has rods that look like silver around his upper body. What happened here and where’s Dove and Olivia? I carefully start to remove those rods and due to stings I feel on my hands it’s confirmed that it is in fact silver. Who will do this to him? I know recently Logan and I had our problems but I still care about him as a brother I never had.

After removing all the silver I can finally see the extent of his wounds. His shirt is tattered and he has deep wounds that are leaking blood. His wounds are concentrated around his chest, upper arms and some are on his neck. Gently picking him up, I run towards to the pack hospital all the while praying for the safety of Logan and my mate.

“Alpha, what happened to him?” The pack doctor asks me while placing him on a hospital bed.

“If I knew, I would’ve told you.” I snap at her even though I didn’t mean it. I’m just so worried about Dove especially now that she is pregnant. I don’t want to leave Logan in case the person who did this comes back to finish the job but I also I need to find Dove so I mind link our best trackers to find her scent.

After what felt like hours Logan finally wakes up. He seems disoriented at first and a little confused when he sees bandages across his chest. He is surprised seeing me sitting there almost like he expected me to leave him to die.

“How are you feeling? Should I call the dr?” I ask first to break this awkward silence.

He tries to speak but nothing comes out. The doctor did tell me that due to the injuries the silver caused to his neck it will be awhile before he could get the full usage of his voice back. She also said that he’s very lucky to be alive with all the injuries he sustained but she hopes he will make a quick recovery due to his strong bloodline.

“No need to talk.” I tell him over mind link. “What happened?” I continue.

“Olivia happened.” Olivia? What does his mate have to do with this?

“She’s a witch and the one who did this. She also has Dove and I don’t know where they went.” He tells me. His voice sounds broken and I know what Olivia did truly hurt him.

We continue to mind link and he tells me that he doesn’t know the reason why she did all this. He apologizes for everything she has done and also apologies to me for everything he said the last time we spoke. I’m glad Logan is ok but when I get my hands on that bitch I’m gonna make sure she regrets hurting Logan.

After a while I get a message from the trackers that they couldn’t get find and track Dove or Olivia’s scents. It’s like they disappeared into thin air.

***
It’s now been a few days ever since the disappearance of my mate and I feel like I’ve lost direction. Without her here nothing makes sense and the only thing that keeps me sane is the hope of seeing her again.

“Alpha, there is a cabin three hours away from here deep in woods. Maybe she has taken the luna there.” One of the trackers tells me. Right now I’m in a meeting to discuss possible hideout locations and so far we have recognised five. So I arranged the trackers and warriors in groups of twenty to each of the five locations. Times like these it helps to have a large pack full of warriors and trackers.

At night fall we started our journey, Logan and I led the group that was heading for the cabin which was three hours away. Arriving there my wolf starts to get restless indicating that Dove is somewhere close. I give instructions through mind link and by groups of two the warriors start to scatter in different directions surrounding the cabin.