Chapter 19

Mature content ahead.

Xavier's POV

Leaning against the balcony railings from our room I thought about yesterday's events as the sun rose across the horizon. The sky is painted is hues of red, orange and yellow. Its warmth and glow helped to calm my racing thoughts.

I hear the bed sheets rustling indicating that Dove has awaken and soon I feel her hands wrap around my stomach and her lips kiss my back.

"Goodmorning. How did you sleep?" She asks. Turning around I face her and cup one of her cheeks in my hand.

"Best sleep I've had in awhile." Sleeping there on her soothed my soul unlike anything before. Her effect on me is profound and I hope I never lose it.

I'm grateful that she didn't ask me questions about what Daniel said and she let seek the comfort I wanted.

With a quick peck on my lips she leaves to go and get ready for the day. I wonder what she would do if I joined her in the shower.

Not now Adams.

Dove's POV

This shower did nothing to sooth me and my racing thoughts. Pushing my thoughts away I finish my bath and head out. I'm glad today is the last day here and soon we will be leaving all this shit behind us.

Making my way downstairs I find Xavier with the other alphas chatting. I stand awkwardly beside him and wait for him to finish his conversation. While standing there I see Daniel from the corner of eyes heading outside. Without saying anything to Xavier I follow him out.

"Hi." I greet him once we are face to face once again. He doesn't reply but just looks at me.

"Daniel, I know you aren't happy that I'm mated to Xavier but please don't be like this. I don't want the two important men in my life always at each other's throats." I basically plead with him.

"If that's what you want than I'm willing to tolerate him for you." Even though he said tolerate and not get to know him but its a step in the right direction.

Throwing myself at him he catches me and hugs me tightly. It feels good to finally have him back.

"I'll call Xavier so we can finally put this behind us." I say already halfway through the door. Without even speaking I excuse us and pull Xavier away.

"Dove where are you takin-" Xavi's words died when he sees Danny in front of us. Instinctively he pushes me behind him.

"What do you want." He asks almost menacingly.

"Look, I'm not going to pretend I accept you or even remotely like you but it's time to accept my baby sister has grown up and I can't keep hurting her like I've been doing. But if you even think of hurting her I'll tear you limb to lumb and I won't care about who you are or what your pack can do." To say I'm proud of my brother would be an understatement.

With one last glare and a threat to Xavier and a hug for me he leaves.

"Well that went better than I expected." Xavier says leaning against a tree with his arms crossed across his chest.

Damn! He's one hot alpha.

I smile as a response trying to rid my head of nasty thoughts. Gradually I start making my way to Xavier's car. I can't wait to go home and snuggle in my bed.

~
The smell of spices and herbs is what woke me up from my slumber. Making my way downstairs in my bunny slippers I find my mate cooking. Yes I have bunny slippers since you are ncwr to old to enjoy them.