Chapter 5

Dove's POV

Saying goodbye was harder than originally expected. You'll think having a farewell party will make things easier but it won't.

"Darling, please take care of yourself and if you need anything you can come back anytime and we'll help you." Mum emotionally says. I go and hug her one last time when dad and Danny join to form a group hug.

I untangle myself from my loved ones and slowly make my way to the black SUV that is waiting for me. Inside I find Xavier busy with his phone typing furiously. I sit as far away from him as possible nearly plastering myself on the door.

"You know I won't bite, at least not yet." He says still looking at his phone.

"How can I be sure when I don't even know you that well." I retort back. If he wants me to be closer he needs to earn my trust.

"We're mates isn't that enough?" Being mates is just the tip of an iceberg I need to know what makes him tick.

"Being mates isn't enough since the bond only binds us together. It can't make me love you." I reply honestly. I really hope that I can get a chance to know him and see a side of Xavier that the world doesn't see.

Xavier doesn't reply after that but continues typing. I wonder who he is typing to and what it is about.

I stare outside to the familiar scenery and try to memorise it not knowing when I can get to see it again. Gradually i am overcome by sleep and rest my head against the glass window.

Xavier's POV

Knowing that Dove is asleep I turn to look at her. She is quiet beautiful. Stunning actually. I don’t know why the moon goddess paired me with someone as innocent as her. I’m a monster and everyone knows that but I wish I was normal so maybe I could have a chance with her but this is who I am and I hope she realises that fast and leaves so she can be spared from the pain I can put her through. Seeing the awkward sleeping position she is in now I decided to do something I never did before. I carefully guided her body towards me so that her head rested on my lap. Taking the blanket that I keep under the seat I place it on top of her careful to not wake her.  

I continue texting Logan, my beta on the agreement I reached with Marcus but I didn’t dare to mention my newly found mate. Logan is not just my beta but my brother even though we aren’t related by blood. He has been there through my darkest times and I’m truly grateful for him even if I don’t show it.

Seeing the familiar pack house I wake up Dove knowing that soon we will be at my house. I start by shaking her but when that doesn’t work I lower my face so that I can shout in her ear. But I didn’t expect to look right into chocolaty brown orbs.

“Ahh, I think this is too close for comfort.” She says as her breathe tickles my nose. As on instinct I move my face away. When I’m in my original position she also moves away and resumes her previous position, next to the door. 

Soon we arrive to my two story house. The house has a white exterior with huge black windows that take three quarters of the wall.

“You live here?” Dove asks once we get off the car. She has with an indecipherable look in her eyes.

“Yeah. What is wrong with it” I ask a bit defensively.

“It’s-’’ she didn’t get to finish her answer when Logan walks out. Yeah I forgot that he sometimes lives here. I almost laugh when Logan stops mid stride when he notices Dove beside me. His face and body is masked in confusion.

“Logan, this is Dove Pierce, the daughter of the alpha at Crystal Blood Pack.” I reply pointing at her. But I could still see confusion in his eyes.

“Hi, I’m Logan Acosta, I’m the beta here at Blue Moon pack and this guy’s best friend.” He introduces himself with a boyish smile. Sometimes I’m envious of Logan since he can approach anyone he wants and leave an impressive impression.

Unlike me.

“A pleasure to meet you. As introduced I’m Dove Pierce.” She replies with the most beautiful smile I have seen on her. I wonder why hasn’t smiled like that with me.
Well because the only thing you do is scare her you idiot.

After the introductions I notice Dove going to the back of the SUV and unloading her bags. She struggles carrying them even if one of the omegas offered help. She's not some lazy spoiled princess, that's good.

But my blood ticked when I saw Logan helping her with her suitcases. She is mine only. I hate sharing.

I roughly grab her elbow and pull her inside leaving Logan to tend to her bags since he likes doing that so much.

"Now listen here princess, I don't share so if I was you I will get rid of the daydream you have of Logan or the result won't be pretty." I say in an eerily calm voice once we were inside the house.

"What do you mean? Logan only offered help and I accepted since you didn't help me." She replies back.

I don't know how I felt with her replying back to me. Usually people would follow my words to the "T" no questions asked since they would be risking their lives if they object.

Before I could reply to her Logan walks in and stares at us mainly at my clumped hand on Dove's elbow. I remove my hand form her but feel a little guilty when I see an angry red hand print on her delicate porcelain skin. Feeling too guilty I leave heading to my office without looking back.

"Is he always like that?" I hear Dove ask Logan.

"Not always." Was Logan's reply. I know he's lying since ice always been like this ever since he came into my life. I don't listen anymore and enter my office.

Dove's POV

When Xavier left I tried to hide the hand print from Logan to avoid questions but I can tell he already saw due to pitiful look he had whenever he looked at me.

He offered to show me around which I thought was very sweet of him considered he didn't have to do it. After the house tour we started watching movies. I never thought a strong, respected beta like him would watch a romcom. Well that's before he was mind linked and left.

After countless hours of watching movies Xavier finally come downstairs and the strange thing is that he went straight to the kitchen and started cooking. Always thought he was the type of guy who wouldn't lift a finger to work.

Pausing the movie I walk into the kitchen ready to offer my help if he needs it.

"You can go back to your movie I'm fine here." He replies his back towards me busy concentrating on cutting the vegetables.

Instead of leaving I stayed right there and watched as he moved around the kitchen in such grace and fluidity. I was enamored.

When he set the plate of stir fry in front of me I was ready to devour it just by the smell.

I let out an involuntary moan when the food hit my taste buds. This guy is a master in the kitchen and I'm glad that I've got him all to myself.

"Do you like the food?" He asks trying to make a conversation.

"I love it. Can I ask you a question?" He doesn't reply but just nods his head.

"Are you going to help my pack now that I'm here with you or were you just lying?" I ask wanting to know the fate of my pack. But looking into his eyes I can that have turned into their obsidian black ones.

"First of all it’s your old pack, this is now your pack. To answer your question yes I will help them. Tomorrow two of my best warriors will go Blue Moon Pack." He answers. He stands up to leave and I quickly follow him since I don't know which room I'm assigned to. But one thing is for sure my stay here is going to be interesting.

What do you think of this chapter guys?

Do you like guys who know how to cook?

VOTE 

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW