#181- custody! - DDM

~| age: 6 |~
~| y/n: your name |~
~| Mia: Your Mom |~
~| basically something that happened in my life from when i was younger, and i remember it like if it was yesterday! |~
—//—

Niall POV:

after me and Mia split up I filed a report to get custody of y/n because Mia wasn't a very good person. She wasn't the person i fell in love with, she's changed

she drinks to much, she's been aggressive sometimes and she's not the greatest mother.

it was Saturday afternoon I was sitting home alone thinking about y/n. If she was okay, if she was fed, if she was hurt, i hate not having her with me so I could protect her, being that Mia only lived 45 minutes away.

I was eating lunch when i was getting a FaceTime call from Y/n's IPad.

" hi daddy! " she smiles as my heart melts, " hi princess whatcha doin " i say as she sighs, " nothing, im bored. i miss you " she says making me pout. " i miss you more, im so bored without you " i say as she giggles and blows a kiss through the screen.

" i wanna go home daddy, please come get me " she whispers as I raise an eyebrow. " what's going on, " i say as I watch her look around. then she grabs the iPad walking around. As I hear Mia

" Y/N! what are you doing " i hear her shout, " nothing... " y/n whimpers, i wanted to say something but i just kept quiet listening to the conversation.

" you need to stay in the yard love " i hear her say the a loud slam at the door, " go go go " she says as i here y/n's little footsteps.

" daddy, are you there " i hear her whisper " I'm here baby, what's going on " i say quietly as she sniffles.

" mister john. Hes here, he doesnt like me very much " she says

" who's John princess " i ask as she shrugs, " I don't know, but he's a meanie, he's a bad man daddy " she says as i sigh wanting to go rush and pick her up.

" does mister john touch you at all " i say worried as she shakes her head. " mommy doesn't let him " she says as i sigh.

" but he gives me nasty looks " she says, " when do you come get me daddy " she asks, " I'll be picking you up Monday morning love, you've got school " i say as she nods.

" im hungry! " she sighs patting her stomach, " when did she feed you last " i say, " this morning, she gave me a bagel with cream cheese, and water! " she says as i nod.

" Y/N GET INSIDE " i hear Mia scream.

" listen don't hang up, daddy is going to stay silent and you just hide the screen from her okay daddy just wants to have a listen " i say as I see her nod and she holds the iPad to her chest.

" mommy im hungry " i hear her say, " well then eat something you brat, " she says as y/n sighs.

" can i have some chips please " she says as i hear a bag crumble.
" if you make a mess you clean it understood! go to your room here take a bottle of water " i Mia say.
" thank you " y/n says as it goes quiet.

" daddy I got chips " she smiles holding up the big bag as i smile and nod.

I check the background of her room and it looks a mess, the paint is pealing off her walls and the walls molded and disgusting.