Four

QOTC: The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open

Day 3.

'Is there something else more dangerous than cults?'

I clicked on the search bar and a ton of things popped up. I pushed my glasses up, reading the first one that is only talking about 'The most terrifying cults in history'. I roll my eyes, scrolling down to only find a couple of things talking about 'Trumps' cult' or something weird like book cults.

What even are book cults?

Whatever they are, they don't stop me from wanting to find out who that guy is. Luckily enough, I have the day off since Marco offered to pick an extra shift and my legs seem to be getting swollen.

Even though I can't exactly afford to take a break right now, a girl could use some me-time.

Especially to get my mind off of him.

I've never caught his name, and it seems like no one at the bar knows, but for what it's worth, he must be quite a rich man if he can afford to come in a suit every single day.

A knock comes from the door, intruding on my thoughts.

One of the reasons why I'm never home is because this stupid landlord never knows when to give me a break.

I stood up from the overused couch, dressed in my sweats as I tried to make myself a little more presentable. A knock comes from it again as a groan leaves my mouth.

"If it's you Mr Crowly, I don't have the rent right now but I told you -" His hands are tucked in his pockets, his presence taking the words out of my mouth as I stand there gaping at him.

What the fuck was he doing here?

"I didn't see you at your shift today, bella." He says, looking above my head and towards the mess of an apartment.

"That's because no one ever comes to the bar in the daytime?" I say, with a slight annoyance in my tone.

"But you still work there in the daytime."

"It's my day off - why are you here?" He cocked an eyebrow, almost as if saying 'you know what'.

I sighed, shaking my head. "No." I was prepared to slam the door in his face but it didn't slam like I wanted to, causing me to look down where his shoe was in between the door and the wall.

The stranger pushed it open with a raging look on his face. "Listen, cultist -"

"Dante."

I scoff, watching as he closes the door behind him, placing all the locks in place. I gulped, feeling a tiny bit more anxious. "Okay...Dante, I don't care what your name is, I've told you over and over again, I'm not interested, so could you please do me a favour and...scram?"