Thirteen

My eyes snapped open and then quickly ducked out of the way, making Dante turn his head towards where I was standing, probably a shaking mess

He narrowed his eyes at me and then nodded his head. "I'll wait."

He simply said.

What is he waiting for?

Before I could ask any questions Dante walked past me and out of the door, walking down the hall and stopped at a door, looking over his shoulder. My eyes widened as I quickly followed him, also shoving down the embarrassment from the almost-kiss we just had.

~

I was now in the bathroom, tying up my hair into something that'll at least be comfortable for me to sleep in. Dante told me he had gone to get some pillows, which made me wonder; where was he going to sleep?

If I'm correct there are only two bedrooms in the house and this bedroom happened to be his old one. Which he was probably generous enough for me to sleep in.

I opened the bathroom door, pulling my shorts down a bit, till I heard a slight movement in the room. I lifted my eyes to see Dante, his bare back facing me as the muscles on his back flexed with the way he was probably typing on his phone.

Only typing on his phone.

I could see his tattoos now, there was one on the top left of his back which resembled a rose, only that some of the petals had fallen and there was only one left. I wanted to trace my fingers over them, to see how he would react under my touch.

But if I couldn't even kiss him, that would be an issue.

"Are you obsessed with me, bellissima?" Dante turned around, his chest now fully exposed and I could now see the flame-like tattoo going up against his arm, stopping at his shoulders.

I cleared my throat. "No. I just want to know why you're in my bed."

He chuckled, moving back and putting his arms under his head so he could lie down on it. "It's not your bed."

No.

He didn't.

But I still decided to play dumb. Maybe he'd decide that sleeping next to a snorer wouldn't be worth it.

"It's your bed?"

He rolled his eyes, scoffing. "It's our bed, bella. Get in." He raised the cover, which I looked at and then looked back at him.

I can't be in the same bed as him.

I can't even think when I'm near breathing space of him, so lord knows what might happen when we're sharing the same bed.

"You know what?" I chuckled nervously, backing onwards the door. "I'll just -"

"Non osare." His voice was stern and strict and even though I had no knowledge of Italian at all, I knew it was probably to get my ass back to the bed.