Thirty-Six

Dante gaped at me, his fingers curled into a fist as if he was angry about something but I didn't care, not right now

 Dante gaped at me, his fingers curled into a fist as if he was angry about something but I didn't care, not right now. This is important, a literal matter of life or death.

"Mi amore," He whispered, his words disappearing into the thin air between us. He rose from the chair as he walked around his desk and then finally stood in front of me, a worried and fearful look plastered on his face. "You want to leave?"

I shook my head, but then I realised that wasn't the answer that I needed to say. "Yes. I need to."

Dante seemed to be taken aback, a different range of emotion going through his eyes and then shook his head facing me with a stern look.

"No."

I scoffed as I watched him stroll back to his seat as if we hadn't even had this conversation. How dare he?

"What do you mean by no?" I asked, watching as he picked up his pen, going back to the documents that he had preoccupied himself with.

"I'm not letting you leave." He said a coldness added to his tone. It was almost as if he was just trying to stop me from asking questions completely, which was something that a part of me didn't agree with, especially since all we had been doing was 'making love' on every single piece of furniture in this house.

"Why not?" I questioned, slamming my hands down on his desk to get his attention. But to my surprise, he didn't even falter. Not even flinch. He simply continued writing as if I wasn't here.

Cosmo is in the hospital.

He only has a couple of months to live and I can't bear myself to just sit here without saying a final goodbye. But I know I could help him, possibly with Dante's money but it wouldn't take him that much convincing.

I was becoming agitated and frustrated, he needed to listen to me. He needs to know how desperately I need to save him.

He needs to.

"Why," I brought my hands up, and then slid them across the table, his documents falling to the floor and flying across, "not?" My chest heaved up and down as he paused for a second, his pen in his hands but then lightly dropped it and then stood up from his desk, his eyes immediately meeting my own. He took a few strides and once he was in front of me he pulled me in by my waist, pressing his lips on mine.

It wasn't a dominant kiss but his energy poured into it. His lips sucked on mine as my hands reached up to his neck, pulling him deeper into the kiss. Even though I seemed to be furious at him, once his lips were on mine I seemed to forget my surroundings and focus on him completely.

He finally pulled back, his forehead resting on mine as he gazed into my eyes. I could properly see it now. The fear, the reluctance. Dante was scared of something and it didn't take me long to figure out what he was terrified of.

"I won't leave you," I said in a hushed tone, my fingers raising to his face as I stroked his cheek, his stubble softly grazing my hands.

"Lo so," He began, "I am simply afraid that someone will take you away from me."

I shook my head, gracing a soft chaste kiss on his lips as I held his cheeks in my hands. "No one can take you away from me. My heart belongs to you. Always."

A smile rose on his lips as he pulled me into a deep hug.

"How long? " He asked, our bodies still in a hug as I thought to myself. I only wanted to stay for a week or two, enough to make sure he was okay and that he'll be healthy before I leave to come back to Italy.

"A week or so."

Dante pulled back and nodded, pulling out his phone from his pocket and then typed quickly before sending it and then placed it back in his pockets, his hands also staying in there.

"I've booked you the first available plane for today, a taxi will be here to take you to the airport."

I looked up to him in adoration, his eyes full of truthfulness. He didn't try to stop me from going, he let me go.

And it was at that moment that I knew I loved him.

My heart pounded like a thunderstorm near a sea, like an animal eating its mate. Dante was fully made and meant for me. As I am meant for him.

But I didn't want to tell him, not yet.

It would be when I get back when I'm happy and the both of us aren't moody.

I smiled, nodding my head as I walked to the door and before I left, I turned to take one simple look at him to see he was already staring at me, his eyes desperately telling me not to leave but I had to go. I needed to.

"I'll wait."

I nodded, a gulp going down my throat and then I close the door, walking to my room.

(A/N): I AM SO SORRY FOR SHORT CHAPTER, but this was needed because there will be a time skip in the next chapter and if it helps, currently they are in October and they both made love with each other in April couple of months back  (K's birthday). Just to clear some things up!