Twenty-Five

I smoothed out my dress for what seemed like the thousandth time tonight, standing outside in the night as I waited for Dante to arrive

I didn't want to go full out today, so I only just put on a light red, matte lipstick with a bit of highlighter and instead of leaving my hair down, I pulled it into a high ponytail which reached midway my back. A couple of neat strands were left hanging at the side while I clutched a white purse to my side.

Now that I think back at it, I think I might have overdressed.

But I couldn't help it. Every time it has something to do with Dante, my heart just gets pumping and by the time I know it, my hands are flying everywhere, trying every single hairstyle possible for my hair to be in.

I know I shouldn't have forgiven Dante that easily, but there's something inside of me, something that makes me feel uneasy every time I'm not near or I don't see him. Dante brings that type of warmth to me, and as much as it seems like a sin - a very dangerous one - I can't help but feel this way for Dante.

But I don't know what I'm feeling for Dante.

Whether it is only just lust or pure attraction. But whatever it is, I can't get enough of it.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when a black sleek car pulls up in front of the steps and Dante steps out, in his fine attire but matching with a back suit and instead of his hair being slicked back - like always - it was a bit tousled, complimenting his natural features.

I felt my heart warm as Dante walked around the car, a proud smile on his face as one hand was tucked into his pocket, the other outstretched, waiting for me to make my way down the stairs.

I tried to hide my blush, my hands clasping in his.

I would never expect a mafia boss's hands to feel as soft as Dante'. The same hands he had used to kill people, to make them suffer. But the same hands he had held me with, the same hands he had comforted me with.

I finally reached the bottom of the steps and I was now standing directly in front of Dante as he stared down at me, no words being exchanged.

His eyes looked amazing, always so captivating but always hid a meaning behind them. Anyone who stared into his eyes would claim them as dull, but his eyes ignite something in me, like a wildfire that can't be stopped.

I wanted to say something.

I needed to.

So I did.

"You look -"

But before I could even complete my sentence, Dante's lips were on my, engulfing them into a deep kiss as my lips moved in motion with his. His hands were latched onto my waist as mine were around his neck, pulling us both mindlessly deeper into the kiss.