Twenty-One

I still had the note tucked in my pocket as I flattened out my jeans that Dante or his maid had laid out for me

I didn't want to go to his office, one of two reasons; it'd be awkward from yesterday since I mentally can't remember anything that went down last night and two; he might be busy, and I assume if he's busy he wouldn't like to take in strangers.

So, I did the most logical thing that I could think of and left my room, only for my mouth to hang out in surprise.

Everything around me was white and polished and the green plants that were on white stools at every side of the doors along this hallways were the only thing giving this thing a bit of gree life.

I let it soak in as I looked around, my eyes wandering at every door that was painted gold. This place literally screamed richness and it only reminded me of the very fact that Dante was a mafia boss.

A very rich one in fact.

I suddenly stopped by a pair of stairs, the bannisters painted black and the staircase also white. But what I saw shocked me even more.

It was like a whole fucking mansion from my view. There was so much space but there was also a lot of furniture which decorated the place. There were a couple of men walking around in their suits and some greeted each other while some maids ran across the house, holding trays of cups.

I was so amazed.

Even amazed couldn't describe how this place looked.

It's fucking spectacular.

"It gets a bit busy here at times," A deep voice spoke from behind me and I quickly pushed myself off of the bannister, trying to regulate my breathing.

I turned around to see Dante, his hands in his pockets and dressed well in a blue, navy suit with a huge watch clamped on his wrist.

"Right." I nodded, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and turning back around to watch people walking around. "Do they all live here?"

I felt Dante come to stand beside me, except he was facing me with his arms crossed.

Dante shook his head, while I turned to look at him. "No. There's just a huge meeting I have this morning so everything is a bit hectic."

I nodded, turning away from him and silence settled between the two of us but I could still feel him staring at me.

I sighed, turning towards him and plastering a smile on my face. "Thanks for last night."

Dante chuckled, pushing himself off of the railing and was no miraculously in front of me, his hands rising to stroke my cheek.

"I meant what I said last night, bellissima." His voice was husky and deep, his thumb gently grazing my bottom lip as his index finger was on the side of my ear while the rest of his fingers behind my ear.