Twenty-Eight

My eyes blinked open to see Carla by the other corner of the room, a worried look on her face as she discussed something with the nurse

  My eyes blinked open to see Carla by the other corner of the room, a worried look on her face as she discussed something with the nurse. She turned to me for a second and then turned back, almost as if acknowledging that I had woken up.

"Fuckin hell, Khristina." Carla rushed over to my side as she pulled me in for a deep hug while I retired it, feeling safe in her arms. She finally pulled back, a small smile on her lips as I carefully raised myself so I was in a sitting position.

"Can you remember anything that happened when you were there?" Carla asked while the nurse dressed in blue stood beside her, holding a pen and a clipboard in her arm.

I tried to remember but the only parts that came back were of me and Dante's date. Every time I tried to blink back and remember I'd only feel like there was a complete nothingness filling my brain.

Feeling a bit, ashamed I shook my head, playing with the tips of the blanket. "I only remember me and Dante's date but nothing else."

I heard Carla gasp slightly for a second and I dared not look at her because I knew she would get furious at the fact that I had given her no updates on what had happened between me and Dante.

"Well," The nurse finished writing something down on her notepad, and then looked up to me, "in your case, it is completely normal to not be able to remember anything that happened in the past twenty-four hours but it'll come back in a couple of hours or something might just remind you of what happened in there."

I nodded while Carla took a seat on my bed, also looking up to the nurse who ripped off a sheet from her clipboard and then gave it to me.

My brows furrowed as the nurse shrugged, a small innocent smile on her face. "It's recommended that you visit her." I looked down at the piece of paper which had a name and a phone number scribbled down on it. "The Capo has had similar events like this which left him a bit traumatized but she had helped him get through it."

I nodded, rolling my tongue in my mouth as she walked to the door, silently closing it behind her.

"I know you need some time to rest," Carla suddenly spoke up, her eyes glued to the sheet and then looked up at me. "But once you get better you better tell me all the fucking details."

I laughed, slapping her playfully on her arm as she let out a chuckle, standing up from my bed.

"Your stuff is next to you on the table and just send me a quick text and I'll be right up," Carla said while she stood by the door.

"Got it," I replied as she opened the door but my voice calling her name stopped her. "Thank you."

She smiled, nodding her head. "I got you, Khristy."

The door closed, leaving me in my own room, and my thoughts to myself. By the way it was still partly dark outside it still meant that it could only just be the early morning.