Fifteen

"Smettila di essere pigro! Is this how you'll shoot the enemy?!" I shouted, taking a swig from the wine that I had nearly finished

(Stop being lazy!)

All of my men were busy shooting the used up dummies, but yet it seemed like their aim was off, completely off today. Mainly because some of them like to be fucking lazy.

And maybe it's because I've been a tiny bit lazy myself.

I was too harsh on her and I knew it.

But I couldn't stand it.

I couldn't stand seeing her look at me with such anger and disgust. I couldn't.

I blame myself every fucking day about it, but once I saw the way Khristina looked at me like that last night, a part of me just snapped.

I wanted to spill everything to her, make her understand what I've been telling myself for the past couple of years, 'It was never my fault'. But when she looked at me like that, I realised the awful monster I was.

For killing my own best friend.

So I unleashed my beast and I showed it to her. I made her scared of me, so I won't grow on her.

I felt the couch dip a bit as I turned my head to see my father staring out at the people who were shooting and fighting.

He was in his suit. As usual.

And there was lipstick on the side of his lips. As usual.

I took a large swig of my drink, looking out to the men.

He cleared his throat, which I ignored and poured myself another glass of wine.

"How's it going?" He finally asked the question I had been expecting. Never bothered why his son was drinking wine at nine in the morning.

"Great." I took another sip of my drink, feeling the bitterness in my throat as I looked out to the training grounds. "She's out with Carla."

"Carla?" I rolled my eyes, resting one elbow on my knee.

"The girl next door to mother's house." My father hums but I can tell there's more under it.

I downed the rest of my drink, placing it on the small table beside me and turned my head to him. "I haven't been able to get anything out of her yet."

My father laughed, almost evilly and then shook his head. "Because you've been screwing her?"

My fingers curled into fists, wanting to punch the stupid little smirk on his face. But for the sake, he's my biological father, I controlled myself.

"No," I gritted through my teeth. "I haven't."

"Have you been thinking about babying her up then dumping and treating her like shit?" Rocco's voice was more angry and evil, just like himself.

I felt myself rage. I hated the way he spoke of women, but I felt like knocking his fucking lights out when it came down to Khristina.

"No." I could hear myself running out of self-control. But I needed it whenever I was around this evil fucker.

"So what the fuck have you been doing!?" His hand collided with the table beside him, attracting the attention of the other people training but they were quick to mind their business, even some scooting a bit from us.

"Don't fucking talk to me like that, Rocco." I brought my voice down a little, not wanting anyone to hear.

Gossip travels like a train being chased.

"Quindi sii un figlio migliore e dammi quello che voglio." I rolled my tongue in my mouth, scoffing.

(So be a better son and give me what I want.)

I hated this man, much more than I hated any enemy.

It was even as if he was my enemy. And if I was to completely lose it right now, I'd shoot him with no hesitation.

I sighed, nodding my head. "I'll find something."

My father smiled, patting me on the shoulder.

"Make it fast."

I ignored him, my fists clenching and I eventually felt the chair go up slightly, and when the door closed, I knew he was gone.

I took the wine bottle and completely finished it.

I couldn't do this. I couldn't just pretend that I liked her just to use her for information that I don't even know what my father is going to do with. She's too precious, too kind and I wish I had never met her.

But if I had never met that woman, I was sure we would've crossed paths somehow.

I have to do this. But I don't want to.

I don't know why my father is forcing me to do this, and I'm sure our relationship won't change if I get him what he needs, but whatever he's planning to use Khristina for, I hope it isn't something bad.

I can't afford to lose her.

Not right now.

She's grown on me.

(a/n: sorry it's so short :p, kinda had writers block with this chapter, can you tell?)