Thirty-Five

And that's how the next couple of months flew by, the both of them rolling together naked in the sheets, sometimes on the counter of the kitchen or the bathroom

 And that's how the next couple of months flew by, the both of them rolling together naked in the sheets, sometimes on the counter of the kitchen or the bathroom. But they had done every position in almost every room in the house.

Yet what reigned in Dante's mind was confusing, time-consuming almost.

Why hadn't she told Dante that she had loved him back?

Had he rushed into things too quickly? Or is she just shy to say it?

But either way, they continued to make love, whether they were tired or not, they both couldn't get enough of each other.

Dante's phone buzzed on his office desk, forcing himself to pull away from the piling amount of paperwork laid out on his desk and then held it to his ear, not bothering to check the caller I.D.

"Che cosa?" He spoke into the phone, picking his pen up again as he scribbled his signature on a cocaine shipment that should be arriving anytime soon from today.

"Dante, mio figlio. How's life?" His father's voice appeared from the other side of the phone as Dante immediately put down his pen.

During the past - eventful - months he has had during his time with Khristina, not once did his father try to contact him, or even try to ask about his health or wellbeing.

Not that his father cared, but it was at least the most little thing to expect from a father.

But even Dante knew his father was someone who didn't think of other's or even cared for their wellbeing.

"Great, thanks for asking." Dante tried to make his voice sound chirpier than usual, trying to keep out the hate from his voice. He had to remind himself that his father didn't care for his health, nor did he care if his life was going well.

Dante knew he wanted to ask about Khristina, and he knows how fucked he is. He hasn't been able to get any information out of her because of guilt.

He loved this woman more than his own life, for he had shown her what it's like to actually be cherished, to show him the light of day, to show him that he isn't just like his father.

"Father," Dante broke the brooding silence as he stood up from his chair, walking towards the window as he saw white snow covering the trees and the green flowers that had once been planted outside in the front garden were now covered in heaps of snow. "I cannot do it."

His father chuckled across the phone as Dante clenched his fist.

He couldn't tell if this was good or bad, but his father always seemed to like leaning to the side of cruel and bad things.

"Has she won your heart over?"

"Yes," Dante replied with no hesitation, he knew that Khristina had wrapped him around her finger and he'd do anything for her, even if it risked his death. As long as she's alive, that's all that matters.

"Fine."

Dante's mouth slightly hung in shock, slightly surprised that his father had let him off the hook after persisting that he had wanted information from Khrisinta for so long. Rocco was never the type to let things go so easily, which meant that there is more to which meets the eye.

"È tutto? You aren't furious with me?"

"Oh, I'm furious, scemo. You're an idiot who can't listen to my plans, and now you're stupid enough to love her!?"

Danye rolled his tongue in his mouth while he rubbed his forehead with his free hand, shaking his head. He knew there was more coming, he knew his father wouldn't be happy with this but he wasn't going to stop seeing her, even if his father didn't approve.

His father no longer had a say in his life, he lost that opportunity ever since he began to treat his mother like shit.

"I'm not stupid to love a woman. I don't know what the fuck you want with her, but whatever it is I won't let you touch a fucking strand on her head."

His father's laugh rumbled through the phone, causing Dante to wreath but he calmed himself down, reminding himself that he was the mature one here and his father was nothing but an idiot.

"Non te ne sei accorto? That woman that you love is Oleza's daughter! Killing her would bring great satisfaction and power to my name, it'll crush him and he'll have no other choice but to hand his mafia over to me since he'll have no other descendant to take it over. That's been the plan, Dante!"

Sick.

That's the only words that ran through his head.

His father is mentally and physically sick. Has the brain of a fool.

Of course, all he's wanted is power, money, vengeance.

Khristina is the lost daughter and he'd want to kill her because he wants more money?

But he also wanted to kill the love of his life and Dante knew and swore to the endless universe that he'd never let another person harm or touch her as long as he'd be living and breathing. His father included.

"Sei un idiota," He spat into the phone, feeling nothing but disgust, "You're fucking sick, do you know that?. This is what you've wanted me to do!? To ruin her life!? I won't fucking do that."

"Look at what she has done to you; she's made you weak, less worthy of a leader and you claim to love this girl? She'll use everything against you."

Dante shook his head, sitting down in his chair as he held it to his mouth, making sure his father was about to hear his every word.

"Don't ever try to reach out to me again. From now on, I own Sangue D'oro. So if I ever see you fucking around my area, shipments, ports, warehouses and anything else, I will fucking end you and make your life a living hell. And don't even think about touching my wife."

And with that Dante ended the phone call, throwing his phone to the other side of the room as he seethed in anger, trying to just erase his father's memories and voices inside of his head.

He was proud of himself, definitely.

He needed to cut his father off soon enough, and it was the perfect time to do it.

Yet he knew this was far from the end of it, for his father always sought war and he always won. But it wasn't like this one. No, this one was son against his father. Blood against blood.

Which meant he'd have to keep the ones he loved safe. Far away from him.

Just minutes later, Khristina entered the room, her face completely red and heavy pants leaving her mouth.

Her boots were still covered in snow as she4 seemed to be shivering but it didn't seem like she cared since she was more focused on running up to his desk, her phone still in her mittens but her feet leaving pools of melted snow on the carpet floor.

"I have to go back to Moscow."