Thirty-Seven

The next two months - for Khristina - passed like a breeze

She had flown into the Moscow International airport and booked the fastest available cab to take her to the hospital where was told that Cosmo's health was on the verge of flatlining and the only thing that kept him breathing was the monitor tucked at the side that kept him alive.

Usually, in the films, people who were stuck in a coma would have cards and balloons in every inch of their room, but for Cosmo there was nothing.

Nothing from his family.

Just Khristina sitting on a chair as she watched the slow rise of his chest, watching his monitor beep over and over again.

She had hoped that maybe, he'd miraculously come back to her and he wouldn't need a ventilator to breathe for him. But with the paleness of his skin and the number of needles sticking into his skin, he knew that Cosmo wasn't coming back anytime soon.

When she arrived here in October, she agreed that if in two months he hadn't woken up, she'd agree to cut off his life support and allow him to freely go rest.

And as she checked the calendar across the room, that was exactly two months ago.

A tear left her cheeks, dropping onto her freezing hands.

She heard the door open but she didn't dare turn around, she didn't want to watch them unhook the only thing that was giving her friend life.

"Ms. Ivanov -"

"Just do it." She harshly said, a bitter tone to her voice. She closed her eyes, sobs silently leaving her mouth as she heard the flatline of the monitors, indicating - finally - he had died.

Cosmo had died of alcohol poisoning.

And she had always told the fool to stop drinking it.

"I'll let you -"

"Get out," She whispered, not even allowing the nurse to speak again. She heard the door open and then close again, the only noise being made was the busy cars down outside and her muffled sobs leaving her mouth.

The door opened again, interrupting her mourning and as Khristina turned around to shout at the stupid nurse who she had thought let herself back in again, she was met with a deep pair of brown orbs, the man dressed in a black suit and a black jacket over it with a pack of flowers in his hands.

Khristina pressed a hand to her lips, and quickly stood up from her chair, and rushed to wrap her arms around Dante, making him drop the flowers but he didn't care. Neither of them did. All they needed was each other.

Her sobs muffled against his jacket as he bent down, scooping Khristina into her arms, and then took her to the nearest apartment he owned where they were both just able to rest in each other's arms without any disruption. For they both haven't seen each other for two months, two painful months of vomiting and sadness for Khristina, and two painful months of loneliness and no calls or even texts from each other.