Seven

A week earlier

A week earlier....

I pressed the phone to my ear, feeling annoyed that someone had thought something was special enough to disturb my date. "Cos'è l'uomo? Sono occupato."

"Rocco found some men from Oleza lurking in the warehouse tonight." One of the men reports into the phone.

Oleza is one of our enemies, one that every mafia happens to hate and the one thing he likes after money is women, and then trying to steal my fucking shipments.

"Pensavo avessimo allontanato gli uomini di Oleza dal magazzino."

"Yes, we had, Capo. But it seems that he must've snuck in there this morning while we left the gate open and decided to come out and steal tonight."

I rub my chin harshly, looking at Khristina who is already staring back at me with her hazel eyes. Hell, she doesn't realise how fucking sexy she looks when she's all clueless.

"Cazzo," I mumble rubbing my eyes in fruition, I wasn't meant to be as drawn to Khristina as it is and I also didn't like the fact that Oleza thought it would be okay to show his fucking face in my mafia.

The Sangue d'oro's were not ones to be messed with. We made sure to name ourselves that so people would know that we cannot die and our money is unlimited. Which causes stupid idiots like Oleza to think that he'd get away with shit like this.

"Rocco says you should come down here to help question some of the men, says you'd be able to get a word out of them."

"I'll be there." I didn't wait for another word before ending the call and shocking it in my pocket and rushing towards the door.

She called out my name. Every time my name rolled off her tongue it seemed to ignite something in me. Like a fire that can't be burnt out. I hardly knew the woman yet I was already so addicted to her.

"Where are you going?" Her face was clueless again and this time I couldn't help myself. I quickly walked over to her, placing a kiss by the corner of my mouth and it took me all my will not pull her back in for another kiss.

"I have to deal with my 'cult', bellissima. I'll find you tomorrow." I quickly gave the door a hard tug, possibly breaking the lock and got into my car and sped off to my father's house.

I feel a bit bad for leaving Khristina by herself, but I can't get close to her, and it fucking hurts me to say that but I can't get some girl jumbled up in my life.

I reached the mansion, parking in front of the fountain and rushed right into the house, not bothering to close the door. A couple of people greeted me on my way up the stairs but I ignored them, finally arriving at the door that read 'Rocco Caputo'.

I pushed the door open, my mouth hanging from the slight shock but not surprise.

I pitied my mother, being in a marriage and not knowing what her husband is doing behind closed doors. I hate my father for this. I hated the way he treated our family as a piece of garbage and I hated the way he taught me how to be exactly like him.

The blonde woman scrammed off of him, making sure to pull her shirt even more below her chest to the point that her boobs were falling out. She gave my father a peck on the cheeks and pulled her skirt down, blowing me a kiss before she skimped out the room, closing the door behind.

"Non posso crederti, padre." I shook my head as I watched him roll his eyes, adjusting his trousers. "How the fuck can you do this to madre?"

My excuse of a father laughs, rolling his eyes. "Say a word and I'll fucking kill you."

My mouth clamped shut as I sat on the chair opposite the desk, crossing my ankles over my knee.

"So, quello che è successo?"

My father sighed, letting out a deep breath as he crossed his hands and leaned against the table where the other woman had just been sitting.

I hate this man.

"We found Oleza's men around our warehouse in Shchyolkovo. The man didn't bother to cover their traces since there were trails of cocaine from the containers and all the way to the gate. Some of our men got injured but we managed to get a couple of Oleza's men so we could question them." He finishes with a great sigh.

"Why don't we just kill him off and have this done and dusted. I'm sick of playing cat and mouse, Rocco." My father scoffed, rubbing his hands together.

"We can't just kill him, scemo. That's why I gave you the girl to handle with. Speaking of her, what have you found out?"

I sighed, thinking back to the short memories of Khristina with me. I don't understand why my father needs her, everytime I ask him he pushes me away and then hooks up with some stupid Russian women.

"Not much, she's a closed-off person who talks a lot. Every time I ask her about her parents she just closes shut like a closed book."

My father stands, moving over to the bookcase full of books of which he never reads and swipes a shelf with his finger. "Then open her."

I shake my head, not catching on to what he was saying. "How the fuck am I meant to do that?"

"Anything. Woo her, bribe her, do anything you can to make her fall in love with you. Then when it's time, we will take her and humiliate her."

I can't believe I'm related to this guy. His words fill me with anger, with hatred. Rocco is a man who has no respect for women, not resting them like fucking humans. He treats his child like a fucking dog on a leash.

But I can't disagree with him. In order to take over his mafia, I have to be like him, or at least act like I'm him.

Because I promised myself to never turn out like the baldhead, evil man he is today.

"I'm meeting her tomorrow," I say after a moment of silence. Rocco's head quickly turns to me, a scowl on his face.

"You're busy today and for the rest of the week. I hope you're not making her your priority, Dante. Women should never be your priority, they serve under you and they're something you keep at home. You don't meet them anywhere. Capisci?"

I grit my teeth, nodding my head. "Yes, father."

(A/n: um, so IVE FINISHED EXAMS. which means I can finally*😭* continue pre-writing and continue to publish chapters! I know I haven't put a QOTC on recent chapters but I'll be putting them on soon, thanks everyone for the wait and now sit back and enjoy my updates 🙂.)

)