Ten

The ride was in complete silence

 The ride was in complete silence. None of us dared to even take a glance at each other. Or at least I wasn't because Dante's phone kept pinging up like the world was in catastrophic danger.

Well, mine was.

All it took was one simple push and that was it.

I was just meant to 'start afresh'?

With Dante?

Now that I think about it, those safety lessons didn't really help.

Or maybe it's because he really is a cultist.

Who the hell has that amount of strength to push a whole whale like me down into a car?

The stupid ping went again as I closed my eyes, forming my fists into a ball so I could just imagine me smashing his phone so many times so he isn't able to use it again.

And eventually, it stopped.

For three seconds till there were a couple more pings following after.

"Chert voz'mi, could you switch that fucking thing off?" I shouted, turning to face Dante who slowly lifted his head from his screen and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know, can I?" I could see it in his eyes. Fucking bastard wanted me to say please.

After everything! He still has the fucking nerve.

"I am not going to say please like a bloody eight-year-old who looks ugly because she lost two sets of teeth!" His brow furrowed for a second and I was filled with slight confusion till another ping went off.

I grit my teeth together, turning towards the window to see that we were approaching a border check.

"Are we driving to Italy?"

He looks up again a small smile on his lips. "I don't know, bellissima. Are we?"

I groaned, rolling my eyes. "Dante."

"Yes, we are."

I smiled a little, feeling happy that this was the best conversation that we've had in the minutes we've been here.

We're progressing.

Very, very slowly.

"Why couldn't we just take a plane?" He shook his head, tucking in his phone as the car came to a stop, waiting for the car in front to show their details to the officer in charge.

"It would attract too much attention, and I don't own any airways over here to take my plane on."

I shook my head, resting it on the headset. But then I realised.

I'm in a car with a mob boss. A guy whose whole existence is illegal. And now, I obviously have a wish against my head, a fucking wish to be in prison.