Eleven

(a/n: idk where my banners have gone 💀and all my saves are on my computer so, I'll just leave it and edit when I get home.)

Dante's POV

I took a glance at Khristina, watching her emotions play out on her face.

She was confused, frustrated, angry, and fearful. Everything that she should be feeling.

I couldn't blame her. I had sucked her into a life where she would no longer have control. The mafia life isn't made for everyone, and it certainly isn't made for someone like her.

I regretted the way I had spoken to her earlier, like a dog. Like the way my father had taught me.

But it was either that or my gun would be leaving my pockets.

And after it leaves my pockets I have no control of where it aims.

I stared down at my phone, the recording still enacting of me and Khristina's conversation. I had this slight guilt in myself, the fact she could share her life with me but I had to now give it back to my father.

My father had no emotions. He didn't know what it was like to not be bloodlust all the time.

I ripped my gaze away from my phone, looking out of the window that now had shown the sun slowly rising, which meant we probably only had a couple more hours to go.

I turned back to Khristina who had now fallen asleep, her features now soft and gentle. A small smile on her face as if she was at peace for the one time in her life.

She's beautiful, magnificent. Precious.

Too precious for a man like me.

A man who only shoots people for fun. Who makes people submit under his touch.

And that is what I had done to Khristina earlier.

I made her submit, and not in a pleasurable way.

If there is any way I'm going to get information out of her, I need to make sure she thinks we're on the same level.

I looked out of my window, watching as we passed a sign that said 'Benvenuti a casa'. A sigh left my lips as we were now entering a busier highway, which meant another border to cross through.

But it wouldn't be a problem, the police here in Italy are like drunken men when it comes to their jobs.

Literally.

I hadn't been able to get a wink of sleep, mainly because I was watching Khristina.

I don't know why, but I just need to watch her.

I need to watch the slow rise of her chest.

I need to watch the way her face lights up every time she talks about something that makes her happy.

I need to watch her when she gets frustrated or even when she's just thinking.

She doesn't realise it, but she is just an open book when it comes to reading her emotions.

It's cute. But dangerous.

The driver pulled down the window passing my passport and his, including the fake passport I had gotten made for Khristina.

The officer peeked inside the car, making direct contact with me and then visibly gulped. He nodded towards the driver and allowed him to go into Italy.

My home.

"Which one of your houses will we go to, Capo?" He asked and I smoked to myself, looking at Khristina's sleeping figure.

"Quello in Nepal." And we set off for another journey.

~

"We're here, Capo." The driver turned around, his eye bags clearly showing and I immediately felt a tiny bit guilty for not taking a break.

I reached into my pockets, taking out enough money for him to buy a hotel or a flight back home and outstretched my arms.

He smiled, shaking his head and pushing it back to me. "I couldn't possibly -"

"Take it." I placed it into his palm, his smile now wide. "I appreciate you driving us here. I'll have someone else take in the bags."

He nodded, chuckling and then turned his head to Khristina. "Take care of her. She's a precious one."

I looked at Khristina's sleeping figure. I understood what the man meant. Anyone who saw her would think she's an angel, a jewel out of this world. So innocent yet so perfect.

Too fragile for my world.

I gently placed my palm on her shoulder but she suddenly jolted up, looking around as if she was unaware of her surroundings and then looked at me, letting out a heavied sigh.

"We're here already?" She groaned, sitting up as she rubbed her eyes.

"Bad dream?" She shrugged.

"Something like that." I tried to hold back the feeling of pity from her. But I couldn't help it, I didn't even know her yet I knew she had been through so much in her life.

She had probably given out her heart to so many people, only for them to break it.

So I did what I did the most.

I made sure my face was unreadable, not saying another word and got out of the car, approaching the small house across the road. I was sure Khristina was following behind, muttering some colourful words and I finally go to the door, ringing the doorbell.

I looked down to Khristina who raised a brow but her attention was snatched when the beautiful lady came through the door.

"Dante!" My mother wrapped her arms around me, bringing me down to her height as she nearly cut off my oxygen supply. "Oh, Signore! You have finally visited your old lady, no?" She pulled back and I laughed, subtly hearing Khristina's low gasp.

"Nice to see you too mamma." She looked as if she was about to say something but then Khristina cleared her throat, her smile obviously nervous.

"Non c'è modo!" My mother grabbed Khristina by the shoulder, pulling her closer to her as she assessed her features.

"Nice nose, nice eyes, no lip filler." My mother gasped as she ran her hand through her hair. "She has beautiful hair too, ragazzino! Is she your girlfriend!?" Khristina nervously laughed, shaking her head.

"No, Miss. I'm just visiting." I smiled to myself, feeling a tiny bit proud.

It's not often that I bring women home to my mother, in fact, I don't think I've brought one to her my whole life.

But at least she likes Khristina.

My mother waved her hand, scoffing. "Save the formalities, dear. Call me Eleanor." Khristina shook her hand but my mother pulled her into a tight hug, Khristina looking over to me with widened eyes.

She finally pulled back, and then took Khristina's hand. "Come, come. I have many things to show you." She was pulled into the house as I gave Khristina a little wave before she completely left.

I let out a breath that I had been holding and also entered the house closing the door behind me.

Seven DaysOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara