Thirty-Three

And weirdly enough I found myself taking it

Dante slowly pulled me closer into him so that his hands were resting on the sides of my waists and my arms were wrapped around his neck.

I know I was meant to be angry with this man, hell even furious. But there was something, I can't explain, but it's like this elastic band almost as if every time I just want to run away from Dante, I end up running to him.

"I'm not even meant to be dancing with you right now," I whispered, my eyes finding their way to my shoes as we slowly swayed to the music.

"Why not?" He questioned and I scoff, shaking my head as I roll my tongue in my mouth.

"Hm, I don't know. Maybe because you were busy locking lips with your therapist." I whisper-shouted as I watched Dante's features harden, all different kinds of emotions running through his face but then regained himself, a guilty gaze being held in his eyes.

"It wasn't like that, bellissima." He whispered as I tried to ignore the way his hands slowly raised up and down against my exposed back, sending tingles and shivers down my spine but I tried my best to ignore the pleasure, focusing on the man before me.

"Are you going to tell me that you didn't kiss her?" I retorted, my voice still low because of the crowd around us. Even though I hated, no, detested what he had done, I didn't want the aunties at the back to start gossiping about it.

"I didn't," I scoffed, about to pull myself away from Dante but then he held his grip on my waist, pulling deeper into his chest, but also a way of making sure I wasn't to escape his arms, "but I did. You just have to listen to me, bella. Please."

I looked into his eyes, seeing nothing but pureness and hesitantly nodded my head. Dante let out a breath and then shook his head.

"It wasn't my fault."

"Isn't that what all cheaters say?" I questioned, interrupting his explanation.

"Can you listen to me first, Khristina?" His eyes searched my face for an answer and I nodded my head, closing my mouth. "I went to Zara to talk. About you."

I nodded my head slowly, making sure to not let a word slip past my lips.

"You've been ignoring me for the past week and I didn't know if you needed time or I had done something, but either way, you didn't even bother to open up to me."

"Because I feel like everything that has happened has some sort of link to you. The bombing back in Moscow, the detective, the restaurant bombing here," I felt my heart clench at the letter Oleza had written, "everything bad has happened to me ever since I met you."

Dante shook his head, his soft fingers delicately raising to tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear and then stared at me. "There's nothing good about my bellissima. Everywhere you'll go, as long as you're with me, danger will follow. There's no backing out of it."