Eight

I'm sorry for leaving you

I'm sorry for leaving you. Text me.

I take a bite out of my sandwich, hauling myself onto the kitchen counter as I stare down at the paper.

Is this some sort of joke? Does this guy not remember that he had practically turned my phone into mush?

Maybe there's something on the other side.

I turn the paper.

Nothing.

Just the same couple of words I've been reading since last night. I don't understand why a great 'mafia boss' like him was only able to send a piece of plain A4 paper with like seven words on it.

I felt like there were cameras in my house and maybe he was laughing behind the screen to see my reaction to not being able to have the normal necessity of life.

If I still was in secondary school, I'm pretty sure I would've been called a four-eyed freak who can't afford a phone.

I take another bite into my sandwich.

Gosh, I sound so depressing.

A knock comes from the door, interrupting me from my thoughts. I stuffed the rest of my sandwich in my mouth and hopped off of the counter. The knock came again.

"I'm coming, hold on!" I managed to find myself on the other side of the door, opening the door.

"Bella," Dante says, almost as if in a trance. It's barely noticeable but I can see the small growth of stubble on his chin. Like the last time he made his way over to my house, he was only dressed in a shirt, this time rolled up so you could actually see more of his tattoo and black trousers.

"What are you - how did you find me?" I stupidly asked, mentally rolling my eyes at myself.

"I always have a way to find you, bellissima." I felt a slight blush creep up my face but I was quick to stuff it back down, erasing the smile I once had on my lips.

"Why are you here?" I tried to make my voice evident of anger, making sure he knew that begging a girl out for a date and then leaving her without a ride was a no-go.

"Can I come in?" He ignored my question and I didn't even get to reply when he let himself in. I scoffed, rolling my eyes as I closed the flat door, standing with my arms crossed.

He simply ignored me as if I wasn't even angry and stood by the small window and next to it a hole where his stupid bullet had gone through. He chuckled, turning to face me while he pointed to the hole in the wall.

"You aren't going to fix that?"

"What the fuck do you want from me, Dante?" He pushed his bottom lip out, and then reached into his pocket, purposefully flashing the golden gun that I had definitely not gotten acquainted with.