Thirty-Nine

Five years later

Five years later...

There are three C's in life.

Choice, Chance, Change.

You must make the choice, to take the chance if you want anything in life to change.

Khristina saw that on a billboard on her arrival in Paris.

There was no stopping the past, and now waiting for the future.

To make things happen, she'd have to be her own future, she'd have to learn how to adapt to other people's lives and adapt it into hers.

When she had been dropped off in a random part of a city she didn't know. She felt lost. She didn't have any money to favour her or help her on her feet. But she began to ask people if they wanted a free modelling shoot in a small studio that had been abandoned and once she started receiving good news about the pictures, she began charging for it till she was able to buy another place until she was able to build a whole empire.

Khristinsa followed the three C's. Even if it cost her love.

Someone had knocked on the door as she allowed them in, editing some pictures on her computer.

"Ms Ivanov?" Her assistant called out to her as Khristina lifted her head, a smile on her lips.

"Yes?"

"There's someone here to meet you."

Strange.

She did not remember inviting anyone to see their pictures today.

"Do they have an appointment?"

The assistant shook her head, "They just turned up and demanded to meet you."

Khristina rolled her tongue in her mouth, and then breathed out shaking her head. She closed her browser and adjusted her shirt, taking her glasses off. "Send them in."

The assistant nodded, walking outside for a couple of seconds and then brought in the person.

Khristina's eyes were down, staring at her shoes but she began to speak, "Welcome to Cosmo's Galaxies, how can I -"

Her head raised as the man before she smiled. He hasn't aged. Not one bit. She felt as if her whole world had been shattered. It was him...he was here. After five good years.

"Dante..."

He shook his head, walking up to her and then pulled her into a deep kiss. His hands roamed her body, and so did hers. They hadn't seen each other in over years and now they finally had the opportunity to know what it is like to touch each other again.

And damn how the both of them had missed it.

They both pulled back, their breaths heavy as Dante stared into her eyes. "You can't..."

"I'm sorry for breaking my promise and I hate myself every day for it, hell I still do. But after sleepless nights, I realised that I cannot sleep without you, I cannot think without you and I breathe without you. I'm sorry for leaving you Khristina, I'm sorry for not being the man you deserved."

He knelt on his knee and brought out a velvet box.

Khristina shook her head, placing her hands over the box, stopping him from opening it.

"Why'd you wait five years?"

"Because I was trying to settle down, to see if you could survive without me. But I'm a greedy man, bellissima, and I couldn't and I still can't, survive without you." He placed a kiss on her palm and then opened the box, revealing a silver ring.

"Will, you, Khristina Ivanov, fulfil my hopes and dreams from the day I set my eyes on you, make me the greediest and happiest man in the world by saying yes to be my wife, my best friend, my keeper, my lover and my queen?"

She smiled, fully knowing her answer.

She didn't want him to be happy, not just yet.

"Manners," She teased as Dante muttered under his breath and then held it up to her, a smoke on his face.

"Please."

"Repeat the whole sentence."

"Seriously?"

"Yes," Dante grinned, quickly taking the ring out of the box and then slid it on her finger before picking her up and swirling her around.

"That's not what I meant!"

"You were going to say yes anyway."

Yes.

Yes, she was.

"Ti amo, Dante," Khristina said to Dante as her forehead rested on his.

"Ti amo, Khristina."

And all it took was for him to wait Seven Days to get her in his arms...even if he didn't wait, she was now his as much as he was hers.

THE END