28~Over It

Songs: Days In The West by Jae Stephens Pretty Bird by Jhene Aiko Sunburn by Ed Sheeran

*3 MONTHS LATER*

"Jamie, come on, we have to leave!" I shout from the front door of my apartment, Jamie's school bag gripped tightly in my hand as he shouts 'coming' from the guest/his own room loudly. His feet soon come stomping through the apartment as I thank him mentally for at least not wearing his black school trainers yet. The people below me would go mad! "Careful Jay!" I warn pointing to his school shoes which lie beside my feet.

I prop the door open with my foot, leaning against the door frame as I wait for Jamie to redo the Velcro on each of his shoes. "Done!" He cheers a small grin on his lips as he places the cap which goes with his school uniform onto his head. I hand him the frozen bottle of water that had been cooling my hands for the last five minutes as I hold the door open for Jamie. We walk out, the hallway a little warmer than the cool apartment I call home.

As usual as soon as the elevator doors open in the car park area of the block it's so hot and stuffy it feels as though I can't breath. I grab Jamie's hand, holding it tightly in my own as we almost ran to the car. As soon as I open the door it's like I'm thrown into an oven, the space more enclosed only makes it only suffocating as I turn on the engine to try and get some freezing cold air flowing out of the AC. When I eventually start moving the car Jamie whines for another five minutes about being too hot, to which I reply with an eye roll and the instruction to hold the ice water against his wrist.

I hum along to the sings on the radio as I drive to Jamie's school hearing him sing, complain and talk about school. After dropping him off outside his classroom just as the final bell rings throughout the school loudly I head back to the car, my harem pants keeping me somewhat cool in the extreme heat that surrounded anything. When I climbed back into the car I sighed, the cool air surrounding me comfotingly once more. I hate this type of heat so much; it's so uncomfotable and you can't go outside for more than five seconds without coming back inside to normal temperatures looking like you've just ran a marathon.

I then continue my drive to work, singing along to each song loudly as I sped and swerved my way past several cars that were going way slower than I liked. Eventually; no more than ten minutes late, I arrived at work, pulling into my space and checking my appearance one more time I hopped out of the drivers seat to make my way inside the large building and up the the right floor.

The elevator dinged open and I wave to Nicole, her fingers tangled in her long blonde waist length hair as she holds the phone to her ear with the other hand chatting away politely. She returns the small wave a small smile on her lips as she lets out a small huff- obviously sick of whoever was on the phone to her. I walk along the gleaming white hall, my small heels clicking against each tile as I go through to the small communal area to see Carter and Alex slouched down on the couches that were opposite each other; they weren't here on Thursday I swear.

"This place is getting more and more like an apartment." I mutter, throwing my bag on the small bench as sitting down on another chair that's in this room. "When I started here, you guys didn't even have this room and now you spent like... 70% of your time here in it." I complain unscrewing the cap on my water bottle and lifting it to my lips.

"Would you look who's twenty minutes late; like usual." Carter speaks in a patronising tone forcing me to roll my eyes in annoyance. Just because he's my boss.

"Have you heard anything from Bieber yet?" Alex asks as I shake my head. He'd been asking this for a few weeks now and it was beginning to become annoying. I don't understand why he's so desperate to know. "You do know he's still posting shit on instagram." Alex says flatly as I pause.