21 ~ Help

Eric POV

It was nine am when I jumped in my car and headed to Mama Deb's house. I hadn't been able to sleep with everything going on. I was wrong and I wanted to fix it, but didn't know how. I didn't know where else to go and so I ended up here. She opened up the door and before I could tell her anything she made me sit down and she began to cook. She must have known things had gone south with Victoria.

I laid everything out on the table from the very beginning all the way until last night. I told her how much I loved Victoria and I wanted her to be my wife for good. She didn't say a word as she ate and listened to every word I said. She didn't interrupt as she let me express my thoughts and regrets.

I watched as she spread the butter on her toast. She took a bite, chewed and wiped her mouth.

"I admire your honesty and I truly believe you are a good man despite your parents. What I don't like is manipulation. My granddaughter loves you and there is not a doubt in my mind that she doesn't."

"Will you help me get her back?"

"No I won't. I won't influence her, she can make her own decisions. If she says the wedding is off, then it is."

"Please you have to help me."

"I will talk to her but it's totally up to her if she wants to be with you. Trust is important in any relationship whether you're married or not. Once the circle of trust is broken, it's very hard to repair."

"I want her back. I admit I was wrong and I handled things shady."

"People make mistakes all the time honey. We learn from them mistakes and we move on."

"Without Victoria I don't have anyone. I have broken ties with my parents, and over the past week, Victoria and you have become my family."

"Oh honey. Regardless you are always welcomed here."

There was a knock on the door and then I heard the door chime.

"Mama Deb where are you?" I heard Victoria's voice coming from the living room.

"In the kitchen," she called out.

"I left a message for Kay..."

She walked in and our eyes met. She stopped in the middle of her sentence.

"Why are you here?"

"I needed to talk to Mama Deb."

"You need to leave."

"TuTu this is my house. I know you are upset but only I can put him out."

"He's done some despicable things. He tricked me into marrying him and he lied to me."

"I know. He told me and that was wrong on his part. I know you love him because I can see it in your eyes. He's hurt you and I am angry at him for that. But you two need to talk and settle things. Either you're going to stay together or you will not."

Victoria stood there with her arms folded. She was angry but I could see her eyes starting to water.

"I love you but I hate you. I wish things were different but you are the cause that I can't even look at you right now." She went to walk away but I gently grabbed her by her arm.

"I swear I am so sorry. I need you Victoria," I said pulling her in my arms. She tried to break free but she finally gave up and she just stood there and cried.

"Why?" she asked. She began to tremble in my arms. I had truly done the damage and now I wasn't sure if it could be repaired.

"Because I love you."