14 ~ Surprise!

Eric POV

The morning sun came glaring through the window. I rolled over and noticed that Vic had gotten up. I sat up rubbing my hand across my face and the smell of bacon came creeping through the room. I got up and walked into the kitchen.

"Smells good," I said coming up behind her and wrapping my arms around her.

"I hope you have an appetite."

"I do."

"Good. Sorry about last night."

"Sorry for what?"

She turned around. "I didn't realize how tired I was."

"Oh you're talking about the snoring. I thought the walls were going to cave in."

"Not funny," she said crossing her arms.

I laughed. "Yes it is but it was actually cute."

I kissed her on the cheek and she fixed our plates. I had gotten us a condo on the beach. It was fully decorated so I opened the sliding glass door and let the fresh air in.

"It's so beautiful here," she said taking a sip of juice. She was wearing a blue coverup and she must have had a swimsuit on under it.

"It is. It's peaceful. I think we should go in the city today. There are shops about a block away from us and then we can take a stroll."

"Sounds good, let's go," she said. We packed up and headed to the shops.

We had a great time. She laughed and we held each other while I stole a few kisses. We bought a few things and was headed back when we stopped by a little chapel. Outside we heard arguing and a woman crying. Vic looked at me and I looked at her.

"I wonder why she's crying?" she asked me.

"Who knows?"

"Why don't you go ask?"

"What? We need to mind our own business, that's how people get shot."

"I'm going to ask. It looks like she could use a friend."

"We don't know her Vic. That guy could come back."

"Come on Eric, we might be able to help plus she looks so devastated."

"Fine, but if I get killed, I going to haunt you forever."

"As long as you are naked, I don't have a problem." I grinned at the thought. She started walking towards the crying girl. The young woman was now sitting on a small bench.

Vic POV

"Are you okay?" I asked the girl as I came up to her.

"My wedding is ruined!"

"Ah I'm sure it can be savaged."

"No it can't. My bestfriend was suppose to be my maid of honor and now she has the flu and Laurence's best man broke his foot yesterday jogging. I was...suppose to get married tonight and we spent all our money to come here and get married." She started to boohoo.

"I'm sure you can get married some other time," I said patting her hand.

"You don't understand, we were eloping." More tears came pouring out her eyes.

"I'm Victoria."

"My name is Rosa."

Rosa looked to be Puerto Rican. Her hair was real long and her sun-kissed skin glowed in the sun. She was wearing a cute navy polka dot dress with sandals. Her cheeks were flushed from all the crying.