54 ~ Choices

Two days later...

Alexander

"Everything has been taken care of at the house. Detectives and the crime scene investigators have completed their investigation. The perpetrators cut the lines to the security system and was able to make their way into the house. It will be recorded as a breaking and entering and Victoria won't be charged. It was self defense. I hired a clean up crew to take care of the mess so it looks like nothing ever happened," Dean said sitting next to me.

"The moment she wakes up, we are discussing her moving to New York. She needs a fresh start and then we can get on with our lives."

"That's probably a good thing. I do have to say she's a strong person."

I nodded.

"Terrance's sister will be charged on multiple counts."

"She better be. This little plan of hers was sick and uncalled for."

"I agree. I will do everything in my power to see that she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

"I swear Vic already thinks that bad things always happen to her."

"She has been through a lot unfortunately. Hopefully this won't leave any mental scars like the rape did. How is she and the babies doing?"

"They were able to stop her bleeding thank God. They thought they were going to have to perform an emergency hysterectomy but didn't. The twins are doing good, they are in the NICU for monitoring with all the drama of what happened during the delivery. The staff are taking every precaution."

"Well I'm praying for good outcomes."

"Thanks man. I appreciate everything."

"No problem, what are brothers for?" We shook hands.

"I have some other related news."

"Please tell me it's good?"

"Mother is getting sentenced tomorrow."

"Ten years, is not long enough Dean."

"True, but with her taking a mental status plea, it was the best they could do."

"I hope she dies in there, a slow death."

"I understand how you feel but..."

"No buts Dean. She deserves more. If she wasn't locked up behind bars, I would kill her myself."

"Look little brother..."

"No. If she was to hurt the woman or your children maybe you would feel differently."

"Damn it Alexander! Just listen."

"I've listened long enough! She better hope I never catch her alone."

"Maybe I should come back when you're not so emotional."

"I'm sorry but how can you defend her?"

"I agree she needs to be punished but she gave birth to us."

"That is the only thing she's done and after, we were just her pawns."

Dean stood up. Before he said anything else, I saw Sara coming down the hall.

"Oh my God how is she, the babies? She killed two guys, what the fuck is going on here?" Her face was scrunched up. I could tell she had been crying, but she had this pissed off expression.