2~ Sick of Fighting

Eric POV

I pulled up to my apartment and saw the blue mustang that Angelique drove. We had been having the same argument for the past two weeks and I was just tired of the bullshit. She wasn't just high maintenance but had been a thorn in my side for a very long time.

Three years we have been together and about two years ago, I realized that we totally had nothing in common. Our families were well known and that was the only thing we shared. We basically stayed together for appearances and sex but otherwise I would have moved on a long time ago. Our fathers were golf buddies and business associates so it just made it easier when the families got together.

Angelique is a beautiful girl on the outside but she needs a whole lot of work on the inside. My father introduced us years ago saying that one day we could be the power couple that this city needed and I was groomed to think that but people change and I didn't want that anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be successful but I want to earn it on my own merit. My last name Robinson is almost filtered into everything in Louisana. I have uncles that are judges, lawyers, businessmen and running billion dollar companies national-wide. The name Robinson in Louisiana is just like the Kennedy's in Washington.

I also want to settle down with a beautiful wife that loved me unconditionally, children that would be the apple of my eye and live a sensible life. I would work hard to provide for my family and my children would know what hard work is.

I looked back at my apartment. Angelique just didn't fit the mold I was looking for. She was high maintenance, selfish, spoiled and a manipulator. I didn't have the time or patients anymore.

The argument started when I caught her kissing her ex-boyfriend Scott at one of her sorority parties. He was her high school sweetheart and had just moved back in town. She claimed there was nothing between them but something inside said she still held a torch for him.

I sat in my car imagining another round of screaming and yelling. I could feel a headache coming on so I grabbed a Tylenol out my glove box and took it. I took a deep breath, I needed to get my mind right before I stepped on that battlefield with Angelique.

I closed my eyes and took another deep breath. Somehow my thoughts went to the girl at the mall. Brad had introduced her as Victoria. She was cute but I had never really thought of dating outside my race. It was bad enough dealing with Angelique but having to deal with a non-traditional relationship would take my stress to a whole new level.

Brad figured that this Victoria girl would be way different from Angelique and could possibly have a calming factor that I needed. I had told him everything on how I felt about Angelique and how she was the cause of most of my stress. He had suggested taking a break from Angelique and to meet new people so he convinced me to go to the mall and meet Sara's bestfriend.

When he did introduce us the first thing I noticed were her eyes. Looking at her sexy grey eyes they seemed to suck me right in. Her beautiful brown face should be painted and hung somewhere so people could admire her. She almost reminded me of... Pocahontas. Although she wasn't wearing make-up she was a natural beauty and that was so hard to find these days. Even if I was somewhat attracted to her, I was graduating in two weeks and was getting ready for law school.

I got out my car and headed inside. It was do or die time as I needed to be at the frat house soon. I heard music playing and saw a picnic blanket on the middle of my floor along with a basket and plates.

"Hey," Angelique said walking in my direction wearing a white tube top with blue jean shorts. Her red hair was pulled back in a braid and her dark green eyes seem sad.