7~ Let The Battle Begin

Eric POV

"What's wrong?" Victoria asked me as I sat down at the small table.

"Nothing. I need to leave in a few but I promise to come back and get you."

She looked at me suspect. Could she tell something was wrong? She got up and fixed a plate for me and herself.

"Eat up," Mama Deb said fixing two plates.

"Where are you going Mama Deb?" Sara asked crossing her arms.

"Child stay out of grown folks business. You need to be worried about fixing ya man a plate."

"Are you going to see a man about a pig?"

"Sara Jane, oh lawd help me Jesus that I don't get a switch for you," Mama Deb said raising her hand in the air.

Sara eyes widen as she had forgotten who she was talking to. She quickly fixed Brad and her plate and sat down quietly. Mama Deb eyes narrowed at Sara.

"One more word out that filthy mouth and that ass is mine. You hear me child!"

"Yes ma'am. Sorry."

"Just because you may be legal to drink it ain't illegal for me to whip ya remember that next time. Ya ass is grass and I will be the lawnmower."

"Yes ma'am," Sara said putting her head down.

"Now if you all will excuse me, I have business to take care of. You boys help yourself and take some food home. I swear ya'll have girlfriends that I know can cook but too lazy too."

"Mama Deb we haven't moved in our apartment yet," Victoria said.

"Eric do you have an apartment?"

"Yes ma'am."

"You need to make her cook. Didn't I tell you girls a way to a man's heart is through his stomach?"

"Yes ma'am," Victoria and Sara said in unison and rolled their eyes.

"Okay if I don't see you before you leave I love you all and be safe," she said blowing kisses and walking out the door.

"Where is she going?" Victoria asked taking a bite of her yam.

"Deacon Thompson's house. He was making goggly eyes at her in church," Sara said bringing a piece of chicken to her mouth.

"How do you know?" Brad asked putting butter on his bread.

"He's been calling her since we left church. Her cell has been blowing up with text messages," Sara said laughing.

"He's nice looking for an older man," Vic said taking a sip of water.

"He is," Sara said.

Brad and I looked at each other and shook our heads as the girls went back and forth about Mama Deb and the deacon. Dinner went by fast and Victoria walked me out.

"Sara and Brad can take me home," she said grabbing her overnight bag.

"Are you sure?" I asked a little hesitant.

"Yeah."

"As soon as I finish I will met you there."

"Okay," she smiled as I pecked her on the lips. I got in my car and drove off. She waved as I took off down the road.

Thirty minutes later I was pulling up to the security gate and punched in the code that would lead me to my parents. I pulled up to see Angelique's mustang in the circular driveway.