27 ~ Hello

Eric/Alexander POV

I heard the elevator ding and a waiter can out with a cart.

"I'm here to deliver an order."

"How about I take it from here." I took out a hundred dollar bill and he smiled. He leaned over and pressed the doorbell, why didn't I think of that?

"If you're from room service use your keycard," she said through the intercom.

"I have my card," I told the bellhop. He nodded, got back in the elevator and I swiped my card across the reader. I had never been in the penthouse suites before but walking in, this mystery lady was paying a nice penny.

"Awe thank you for bringing this up for me. When I saw it on the menu, I wanted to try it but my dinner was cut short."

Her back was turned to me. She must have been digging in her purse for a tip. She was wearing a tight fitting blue dress that showed her assets. She was barefooted and she had long hair. Her thick legs were shapely all the way up to her backside. I could tell she worked out.

"Ah here we go. I hardly ever keep change on me."

She was looking down coming off the step counting her money.

"Here you..." she stopped in midsentence looking directly at me.

My eyes had to be deceiving me. It was no way Victoria was standing in front of me. She looked so beautiful. All I wanted to do was pull her in my arms and kiss her until she was breathless.

"You're not the waiter."

My tongue was all jumbled up in my mouth preventing me from speaking. I took in her silhouette. She had gained a few pounds but it totally made her more sexier. My hands started to sweat, my head began to pound and my knees felt weak.

"You don't look so good. Please sit." She guided me to the plush sofa and I sat. Wow I never thought I would see her again. I didn't realize seeing her would have affected me this way.

"You're sweating. Oh no please tell me you didn't drink that wine? I saw them put something in your glass so I told the waiter to bring you another glass. I should call 911."

"I'm fine," I said but it came out as a whisper. What was she talking about they put something in my drink?

"What? You are not fine. You're sweating profusely. Did you drink the wine? Do you remember?" I could hear panic in her voice.

"No."

"Is that no as in I don't remember or no as in I didn't drink the wine?" She had the phone in her hand ready to dial for help.

"No I didn't drink it."

"Thank God. Let me get you some water, don't move."

She didn't recognize me. I felt not only disappointed but hurt. She was my wife and she had no idea of who I was or what she meant to me. I had to get out of here. I started to feel like an animal in a cage.

She walked back out with a glass of water and a towel. I stood up but she quickly pushed me back down on the sofa. I took the glass and nearly drank it all.

"Would you like some more?"

"No, thank you. I should be leaving."

She sat the glass on the table and sat on the coffee table directly in front of me. She leaned over and patted my face with the towel. Her scent was intoxicating just the way I remembered it. Her lips were so close I wanted to kiss them. I had to blink to chase away the memories.