31 ~ Lies

Eric POV

I had just gotten off the phone with Freddy and sure enough there were cameras strategically placed along with two microphones in my car. My mind was wondering how long they had been in my car and who could have possibility done this?

My phone rang and it was Judy Baham a woman I had met a year ago but nothing besides dinner ever happened. I had been throwing myself into work so my sexual needs had been put on hold that was until I saw Victoria. I tried once and it was a total failure.

Then there was Christine SanDiegos. She's a model, very beautiful and most men would be left drooling and ready to give arms and legs for her attention. Somehow she had managed to turn me on below but my mind wasn't even close to responding. All I could think about was the love I still had for Victoria. I know the last time we were together was the worst day of my life. The lies and promises were just words but this time I needed to show action.

My phone buzzed letting me know Judy had left a message.

I tossed the phone on the seat and took a deep breath. It was time to come clean. The problem was, would she accept me back or would I lose her forever? Thinking of the latter, my heart ached. I had never stopped loving her. I thought leaving was right at the time but now I wasn't so sure.

Tricking her into marrying me was wrong. I was being childish and never actually considered her feelings. I rushed things only because Angelique had lied about the baby and I didn't want to lose Vic. I wanted to grow old and have my family with her not Angelique.

I stared out the window. So much time had been wasted.

"Sir we will be landing in thirty minutes," Nadina, my stewardess said.

"Thank you." I texted my brother so he would be waiting. He seemed a little shocked at the phone call but I think he knew one day I would be back.

The plane touched down along with the knots in my stomach. The big reveal would soon come. I needed to work this gradually because once the shit was out that was it.

I got off the plane and was met by a black tinted suburban. The door opened up and my brother Dean stepped out. He looked the same after all these years and he stood there looking hard as I walked towards him.

"Little brother," he said giving me a big masculine hug and taking off his super dark shades. I hugged him back and somehow I knew things would be rocky but I would pull through.

He took my bags and we got in the car.

"You look good man. Surprised you call though."

I explained what happened in New York with seeing and being with Victoria. I also told him about the pictures and finding the cameras and microphones in my car.

"So did you or uncle piss someone off?"

"Not sure. He was going to talk to the reporter that brought the pictures to Vic."

"Do you think he might have done it? To get a story?"

"That is a possibility. Or someone else is trying to use it to get back at me but somehow I need to find out fast."

"Have you thought about how you are going to tell Victoria that you are Eric?"

"Actually no. I've played so many scenarios in my head but the end result is her hating me."

"Victoria is a strong woman. She knows of the attack but we left the rape part out along with dad being the culprit. Mama Deb thought it was best since she was brutally beaten and having amnesia. She still has faint scars and nightmares from that."