40~ Why?

Eric POV

"Dean, she knows. She has gotten her memory back, fuck!" I yelled into the phone.

"We always knew there was a possibility that this would happen but not all at once. I'm sure she is devastated."

"Man the look in her eyes nearly crushed me. I tried to explain and tell her how sorry I am but she wouldn't hear me out."

"Give her some time."

"She told me if I didn't get off the plane she would expose me."

"She wouldn't do that. She's hurt but she wouldn't go that far. What you need to do is get down here. We all need to get together and hopefully she will listen."

"I want her and Mia back." I could feel my self control wavering. I stood in the airport lobby trying to figure out my next move.

"You want your family back then you need to get here as soon as possible."

"I'm waiting for them to gas up the plane and Uncle is on his way."

"The sooner you get here the sooner this mess will be over with."

I took a deep breath.

"She's calling on the other line. I will call you back," he said. We hung up and that's when my uncle walked in.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It's Victoria I'm concerned about."

"This will work itself out."

"I'm not sure if it can."

"Believe me when she finds out that her best friend and grandmother knew, she will think twice about exposing you."

"I told her that they knew. This is all my fault."

"You did what you could do based off the circumstances. You loved her and let her go for her sake. You tried to protect her so don't go putting all the blame on yourself. Your father was the culprit along with my evil sister."

"If my mother or Angelique finds out I'm alive, we could all go to prison."

"Believe me, neither one wants to go that route. I have so much incriminating evidence against them that I'm sure they would rather walk away."

The pilot came walking in informing us the plane was ready. We followed behind him and got on. I tried calling her but her phone went straight to voicemail. I didn't leave a message.

"Stop worrying. Before you know it, you two will reconcile and you will have the family you want."

"I sure hope so."

I braced myself as the plane took off. I only hoped the words he spoke were true.

Victoria POV

"Dean why? Of all people I never thought you would lie to me. All these years I have been living a lie."

"Victoria listen to me, I will come and get you from the airport."

"No. I don't want you to come near me either. You all lied and that's inexcusable."

"We were going to tell you..."

"Oh that's right when the clock turned to never. What else have you all been keeping from me?"

"I will tell you everything when you land. I can meet you at your house or mine."