28 ~ Familiarity

Eric/Alexander

I couldn't controlled myself. Once our lips touched something inside broke free. She came in for hot chocolate but the attraction was just so strong.

My lips found their way to her neck and I heard her moan. Lifting her up, she wrapped her legs around my waist. I could hear and feel her breath in my ear which turned me on even more. It had been so long since we had been like this.

I raised up her shirt and she lifted up her arms. I couldn't believe this was happening. So many nights I had dreamt about this and now it was coming true.

"I...can't do this," she said. I pulled back and her eyes weren't just sad but tearing up.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come in here and kissed you. I had a dream and somehow my emotions got the best of me." She unwrapped her legs and slid down. She grabbed her shirt off the floor and put it back on.

She was about to walk out the door but I pulled her around.

"What's wrong?"

"I had a dream."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She started to cry. I pulled her in my arms and stroked her hair. Whatever she was holding in was coming out in heart drenching sobs that made my own heart quiver.

"I had this dream and I was watching lightening bugs flying all around. I didn't know where I was exactly but probably somewhere in a bayou with a man. The only thing is the man looked just like you, but why?"

I swallowed hard.

"I don't know." I lied. It was the night of the swim party and I had taken her to the grove to watch the lightening bugs and we kissed for the first time.

"I've only been with one man, my husband and although he is dead I still haven't come to terms that I was married to a man I can't truly remember."

"Do you remember anything else about this particular dream?"

"It's just pieces. His eyes were blue, his hair blonde. This was the first time he has ever been so clear in one of my dreams. I just seemed to be so comfortable with him though. I wasn't scared, I gave him a massage, we laughed and we kissed. Maybe my thoughts are just jumbled up again."

"Maybe I am your husband in another life. You were dreaming of me because your conscious knows that I think you are a beautiful woman."

"Thank you, but you don't even come close to looking like him."

"He wasn't tall, dark and handsome like me," I said trying to make her smile. Although I was hoping she would figure it out. If she asked would I say yes? Would she hate me?

"He was handsome although you are too."

"Thank you for the compliment."

"You see when I woke up from the coma, I had been missing a year of my life. They told me I was attacked and suffered a concussion and maybe one day I could get my memory back. Then they tell me I was married but my husband died; it was like I didn't even know who I was."

She wiped a tear away.

"So when your husband died, did his family welcome you I mean surely they could have help put the pieces together."

"I tried to find out as much as I could about him, but everywhere I turned it was a dead end. His two brothers have been very supportive. His father is dead and his mother and other siblings pretend I don't exist."

"I'm so sorry," I said.

"I tried to visit his old apartment but it was empty and rented out to someone else. His mother came in and took it all. One of brothers gave me a picture of him before he died. I have one picture of the man I married. We had gotten married on this island actually we eloped. We were going to have another wedding with our friends and family but he died before that could happen."