22 ~ The Devil in Disguise

Victoria's POV

I woke up to hear the door chime going off. Looking at the clock on the wall it was close to ten pm. I hadn't realized I had been sleep for hours. I guess I was making up for last night when Eric had confessed to everything. Feeling myself wanting to cry, I shook my head and got up. I was still trying to figure out what I was going to say to him. I loved him and I wanted to continue being his wife so I figured I would start with that. Getting up, I walked towards the kitchen only to be shocked to find Eric's dad poking around.

"Mr. Robinson?"

"I was hoping you would be here," he said in a drunkly way then he stumbled a little. He grabbed on to the chair to keep from falling.

His eyes were bloodshot, his hair was disheveled and his shirt was hanging out his pants. There was a look on his face that caused me to take a step back.

"How did you get in?"

"I pay the rent on this apartment and the landlord owed me a favor." He opened up the refrigerator and took a beer out. He twisted off the top throwing it in the sink.

"You shouldn't be here. Let me call Eric and he can take you home. You're in no condition to drive. You don't look so good."

"Ah you worried about your father in law, how sweet. But you know what, you shouldn't be here either but you are."

"I live here, not you."

"You won't be for long," he said with a devious smirk on his face. He started to come around the island and I moved in the other direction.

"What is the real reason you are here Mr. Robinson?"

"Call me daddy, sweetheart. I'm sure your real one is no where to be found."

"Get out!" This man was unbelievably the rudest person I had ever met. I just wanted him to leave.

"The truth hurts doesn't it? That's okay," he said walking back up to me. I narrowed my eyes at him so I walked away but he grabbed my arm. His grip tighten every time I tried to break free. It hurt and I had a feeling my arm was going to bruise.

"It's rude to walk away when someone's talking to you. My son needs to teach you a lesson or two about respect."

"When you show it, it will be reciprocated now get your hand off of me!"

"Big word for a little girl like you."

"Look Mr. Robinson you really need to leave before I do disrespect you, now let go of my arm." I pulled away and his hand print was already bruising my skin.

"Look, since you are married to my son without my blessing, at least I can do is get to know you Victoria." He stood in front of me and pushed a stray hair back behind my ear. I really started to feel uncomfortable.

"I'm surprise you know my name." I took another step back using the island to block us.

He chuckled. I was getting a funny vibe from him and it wasn't good. It literally had me shaking in my shoes but I couldn't show fear. I looked to see some papers in his coat pocket. He pulled them out and sat them down. He scratched his head and pulled out a pen.

"Look I will make you a deal. Sign these annulment papers and I will give you a million dollars. You could pack up and start a whole new life. You can reinvent yourself."

"I won't sign it and I don't want your money. Get out before I call the police."

"Last time I checked your name isn't on the lease. I should be throwing you out."