29 ~ Discoveries

Eric/Alexander

"You're in perfectly good health. Maybe you need to take a few days of vacation and just relax. When was the last time you had a vacation?"

"It's been a while."

"Well I'm recommending that you take a few days."

"I'm a workaholic."

"I saw the young lady you came in with. Is she your girlfriend?"

"No."

"Prospect?"

"Where are you going with this?"

"Take her out, show her a good time."

I laughed.

"I'm serious. Take her for a romantic carriage ride through Central Park or take her on the carousel. Have some fun Alex enjoy being young."

"You're a trip Walter."

"If I was thirty years younger, I would give you some competition. Beautiful ladies love doctors."

I put my shirt back on. Maybe he was right.

"If you have anymore issues call me."

"I will."

I shook Walter's hand and walked out. Victoria was sitting in the waiting room reading a magazine.

"Clean bill of health."

She smiled. "Good."

"I was thinking we could have lunch, there is a great little Italian restaurant not that far from here."

"I should be getting back to my hotel, I have a lot of work to do."

"You have to eat."

"I can just grab something at the hotel."

"At least let me treat you to lunch for ensuring I made it to the doctor's office."

"A thank you will do."

"Did I do something?"

"No," she said grabbing her purse and standing up.

"Look Victoria. Please just have lunch with me and then you can leave if you want."

"Why is it so important that we have lunch?"

"It's been a long time since I've had lunch with a beautiful woman."

"You're handsome and I'm sure beautiful women throw themselves at you all the time."

"They do but none have interest me like you."

She put her head down.

"One lunch, that's all I'm asking."

"Okay."

We walked out the door and my driver Freddy was standing by the door. He opened her door and she slid in and I got in behind her.

"So is this the mode of transportation in New York?"

"It's convenient. I haven't actually driven myself anywhere in years."

"Wow. Driving is relaxing to me. Sometimes on Sunday afternoons, I just go for a drive. I let the sunroof down, untie my hair and just cruise. I try to clear my mind and pretend to be normal again."

"What is normal?"

"I'm still trying to figure it out," she said smiling looking back at me.

"Why New York?"