50 ~ New Prospectives

Victoria's POV

Sara had gotten me to the hospital. I had no idea what was going on but I kept praying I wasn't losing my baby. Death seemed to be one of those things you could never run away from. The elders use to say death came in threes. First Mama Deb, then Connie and what if this baby was next? The tears that I thought had disappeared were back with vengeance. Was this a test of my faith?

As soon as I made it to the emergency room, two nurses were waiting on me. I was still in my dress I had on from earlier. Sara managed to help clean me up some before we hightailed it to the hospital. It looked like the bleeding had stopped hopefully it had for good and I wasn't having a miscarriage.

"Victoria we have you," I heard the nurse say. I was being rolled into the elevator. Sara had Mia in her arms. She looked down at me and even her face looked worried. The elevator opened and as I was being wheeled to the emergency room, Daniel was standing there with his white coat on. I could see Mia slipping out Sara's arms to get to him. He picked her up, kissed her on the cheek and looked my way.

"Vic everything is going to be okay," he said.

"Can you watch Mia until I make sure she's okay and stabled," Sara asked.

"Of course."

I didn't have a choice. I needed Sara just in case I was losing this baby. Since I had kicked Alexander out and Mama Deb was no longer here, my pool of support was getting smaller.

They rolled me through the double doors and a room was waiting. I undressed, they hooked me up to IVs, pumps and a fetal heart monitor.

"Hello Victoria," Dr. Dixon came in. "I didn't think I would see you so soon." She washed her hands and slipped on some gloves.

"I didn't either."

"Can you tell me what you were doing right before this happened?" She rolled up a stool and sat down.

I told her what Dean had told me. I was trying not to cry, but my luck lately was bad.

"Anything else?"

"I had intercourse earlier right before I got the news."

She didn't reply but she was checking and poking around. She watched the monitors and she was starting to scare me.

"What's wrong?"

"Just a minute." She put on her stethoscope checking around and then she did a sonogram. Moving it around I was finally able to hear the baby's heartbeat. I gripped the side of the bed. She moved it around and I no longer heard a thing. I was beginning to panic.

"There we go, stop hiding," she said as I heard another sound. "Baby number two, there you are. You have been hiding from us. Come on out darling."

I was confused.

"Victoria it seems like you are carrying two little ones instead of one."

"Excuse me?"

"It seems one has been hiding tucked away out of sight but today, they chose to make their presence known."

"What about the bleeding?"

"It can happen after having intercourse. You do have two cervical polyps on your cervix that is probably the culprit of the bleeding. They were probably aggravated after intercourse. I will remove them. As far as your cervix, it's good and the placenta looks good. I will caution that you are carrying two babies now instead of one so you have to eat right and take care of yourself. You don't need added drama in your life. Twins will suck you dry take it from someone that knows."