8~ Moving

Eric

"To say someone lived in a tiny dorm room you had a lot of stuff to move," I said fanning my shirt from my body. Carrying a trunk down five flights of stairs wasn't a joke.

"Eric we had movers, but you wanted to help," Vic said sweeping the floor.

"I saw the way that fat guy was looking at you."

"Are you jealous?"

"Nope."

She laughed. "Are you sure?" She said walking up to me and wrapping her arms around my neck. She leaned in and I kissed her.

"It's been two days Eric and you seem to be wind up tighter then a spin toy. What's wrong?"

"Why do you think something is wrong?"

"For the last two days you have seem distant. Is it because graduation is tomorrow?"

"Probably," I said lying. It had been two days since I had spoken to my parents and Angelique threaten me. I just had this feeling she was plotting.

She squeezed my cheeks. "Thanks for helping me move."

"It was nothing," I said. Technically it was only a trunk the movers had moved the rest.

"I need to turn in the keys since Sara is at the apartment arranging furniture. Give me ten minutes and I will be ready."

"Okay," I said leaning in for a kiss. She kissed me back and I tasted her pineapple lipgloss.

"Uhm, pineapple. You going through the fruit bowl?" I said laughing.

"Shut up Eric," she said playfully slapping me on the arm.

"I need to check the mail too. Can you check to make sure the movers didn't miss anything? I will be right back." She walked out the room and closed the door.

I looked around in the cramp room. I had no idea how two women could fit so much stuff in this boxy room. Even the frat house bedrooms were bigger. I looked around and everything looked cleaned out. I walked to the trashcan to see a notebook sticking out. I grabbed it and on the back of the thin cardboard backing it had hearts with Vic and Eric.

I laughed because it had been years since I had seen artwork like that. Pink, green, and blue hearts drawn in hi-lighters danced off the page. I tore the back off and folded it. I heard her voice coming down the hall so I quickly stuck the thin cardboard in my jean pocket.

"Ready?" She said walking in with a folder.

"Yeah, let's go."

We made it to the apartment building and I pulled out the trunk. I was so happy their storage unit was on the first floor. There weren't but a few things in it so we quickly stored the trunk and headed inside the building. We got in the elevator and she hit the fifth floor.

"Are we going to my place?" I said winking.

"Actually our apartment wasn't ready so they put us on the fifth floor. We are number five thirty-eight," she said with a sly smile.

"That's right across from me."

"Yep."

"So that means I have easy access."

"Boy get your mind out the gutter."

"So when I run out of suga I can just walk across the hall," I said trapping her in the corner of the elevator.

"Eric we are almost on the fifth floor."

"I can stop it if you like."

She started to laugh, but I wasn't laughing. The elevator ding and her face looked relieved. The doors opened and she slid under my arms and walked out.