12~ Scheming

Eight weeks later

Vic POV

I leaned across the toilet spilling the contents of my lunch. Somehow I had caught a virus and it had really knocked me off my feet. Thank goodness it was Friday and my class was cancelled. The summer session was about to end next week and I was hoping to get my internship by the Spring.

I wiped my mouth off and felt weak. I quickly brushed my teeth while holding on to the side of the cool sink trying not to fall. I heard someone knocking on the front door but I wasn't sure if I could make it. Sara was out running an errand so I was all by myself.

The knocking continued and I slowly walked towards it. I didn't ask who it was because frankly I didn't care. I opened the door and saw Eric standing there with a bag and flowers.

"You look like death," he said teasing as I turned my back on him. Damn did I really look that bad?

"I brought some homemade soup, Gatorade and Popsicles. Hopefully it's just a twenty-four hour bug."

"I hope so."

"Here go get back in bed and let me take care of you," he said directing me back to my bedroom.

"I don't want you to get sick."

"I won't but if I do will you wear that little nurse costume and take care of me?"

"No," I said trying to laugh but my stomach was bubbling up.

He picked me up and carried me to the bed and pulled the covers over me.

"I will be right back."

"Believe me I'm not going anywhere."

He walked out the room and a few minutes later he came in with a bowl of soup and a cup.

"Eat this to keep your strength up."

I raised up and he fluffed my pillow. He started to feed me and I accepted his kindness.

Eric was a really good guy. Even after the incident at graduation he would or have one of his friends walk me to class. He said it was for protection because Angelique could pull anything. I wasn't scared of her but Eric didn't want to take any chances.

"We have a break coming up so I was thinking you and I could go away together."

"To where?"

"Uh, have you ever been to Jamaica?"

"Yes. Sara and I went a couple of years ago but if you want to go I'm down."

"No I want to go someplace you've never been. How about Puerto Rico?"

"I haven't been there."

"Good that's where we are going. Just the two of us. We can relax and enjoy the sun."

"That sounds nice."

"I will plan everything all you have to do is show up."

He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek.

"I'll be back."

"Wait I thought you were going to feed me," I said pouting. He shook his head and brought the spoon to my mouth.

"You're a big baby when you're sick."

"I am, so what? Can you stay with me at least until Sara comes home?"

"Of course."

I pulled the covers back and he kicked off his shoes and got in. I put my head on his chest and not to long after I had fallen asleep.