The avengers(3)

Later, Fury had gathered Tony and Steve back into the briefing room, everyone there has a look as if in a daze, even y/n, who did nothing but pet zed.

NICK FURY: These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them.

Fury throws Coulson's captain america trading cards on the table towards Steve. Steve picks them up, stained with blood.

Fury: "We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming. Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes"

Tony gets up and walks off, not wanting to hear it anymore.

Fury: "Well, it's an old fashioned notion"

Eventually, Steve walks off, looking for Tony, as y/n sat still, petting Zed, who started to whimper.

Fury: "kid. If you want to go. You can... Your eleven years old. I shouldn't have put this kind of pressure on you"

Y/n: "no"

Fury: "hm?"

Y/n: "in the year that I've worn the Omnitrix, no one has died... So seeing this... Hearing this... It scares me... Was I not strong enough? or was I stupid for thinking... For thinking I could help everyone at once..."

Fury: "y/n-"

Y/n: "we're called the avengers, right? Then let's go avenger Mr. Coulson"

Fury: "...you got a way with words kid. You get that from your grandfather"

Y/n: "and I'm thankful for it. Let's go Zed. We got a planet to save"

Steve: "kid"

Y/n turns around, seeing Steve, Nat, and someone he knew as Hawkeye come up.

Steve: "time to go"

Y/n: "heh... About time. Let's move it Zed!"

Zed barks, as y/n, Zed, Steve, Nat, and Clint all went down to the hanger, and up to one of the Quinjet's.

pilot: "You are not authorized to be here…"

Steve: "Son... just don't"

Y/n: "yea. What Mr. America said"

The five get onto the jet, and quickly take off to New York.

Clint: "her kid, you really taking you dog with us?"

Y/n: "of course. She is an alien dog after all"

Clint: "...what?"

Steve: "Enough chit chat. Let's get moving"

Y/n: "yes sir!"

Zed barks in agreement.

Nat: "Stark, we're heading north east"

Tony: "What, did you stop for drive-thru? Swing up park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you"

Y/n: "I think you guys can drop me off here"

Nat: "what?"

Y/n smirks and opens the hatch, before jumping out, alongside Zed.

Y/n: "yea!! IT'S HERO TIME!!"