Shang-chi (2)

Finally arriving at their destination via helicopter, each individual person exists the copter, standing in front of the army of the ten rings.

Wenwu: "My son is home!"

They all bow.

wenwu: "Take the girls to their room. And give the magaster the spare room"

So, they were all brought to the separate rooms, the girls in one, shang-chi in one with his father, and y/n in an empty room.

Zed gruffs.

Y/n: "yea girl. It's all going as planned. We invade the ten rings from the inside, and destroy them for good"

Zed gruffs, and holds out her paw. Y/n chuckles, and fist bumps her paw.

Y/n: "yea. For Tony"

—————————————————

And now, y/n, zed, shang-chi, Katy, Xialing, and wenwu now sat at a dinner table, sitting in pure silence. All until shang-chi spoke out.

Shang-Chi: "How did you find me?"

Wenwu: "I always know where my children are. I gave you 10 years to live your life, and where did it get you? Now it’s time for you to take your place by my side"

Shang-Chi: "That’s not gonna happen"

Wenwu goes silent, before drawing attention to Katy.

Wenwu: "American girl"

Shang-Chi: "Her name is Katy"

Wenwu: "What is your Chinese name?"

Katy: "Ruiwen"

Wenwu: "Names are sacred, Ruiwen. They connect us not only to ourselves, but to everyone who came before. A funny story. Some years ago, a terrorist from America needed a boogeyman to bring your country to its knees. So, he appropriated The Ten Rings. My Ten Rings. But because he didn’t know my actual name, he invented a new one. Do you know the name he chose?"

Katy shakes her head.

Wenwu: "The Mandarin. He gave his figurehead the name of a chicken dish. And it worked. America was terrified. Of an orange"

Y/n: "moreso the effects of the terrorist. Not the actual name. Tony was able to put them all in their place by himself. Back in one of his not so safest moments of life. But please, continue your story"

Both shang-chi and Xialing look at y/n terrified, but both become even more confused by their fathers next words.

Wenwu: "thank you magaster. The truth is, I’ve had many names throughout my life. The Warrior King, Master Khan, one of the most dangerous men on Earth. For years, I thought that was all I was meant to be. But when I met their mother, everything changed... She showed me a part of myself I didn’t know was there. It was like I was seeing the world for the first time.. She gave up everything so we could be together. And so did I"

Wenwu goes silent, reminiscing on the past, before getting back to reality.

Wenwu: "My real name is Wenwu. She was the only one who called me that. And when she died… I was lost for many years. But I’m not lost any more"

Wenwu then led them to his story room, filled with old scrolls, statues, and many more.

Wenwu: "When you children ran away, I was so desperate to connect with your mother, I threw myself back into the studies of her village. The legendary Ta Lo. I wasn’t able to find the secret path to the village entrance, but I did find what they are hiding. There’s a gate deep in their mountains. Your mother is waiting for us there... I know this is a lot. I might not have believed it if she didn’t tell me herself"