Y/n Tennyson Christmas special

Heads up, this special takes place a week after the events of no way home, which I haven't done yet. Don't worry though! Absolutely no spoilers will occur for any project that will be done before no way home! So enjoy!

—————————————————

Y/n sat silently inside the rust bucket 2, looking around at the Christmas themed decorations inside the interior. Zed was drinking from an oversized mug, that was full of eggnog. Y/n however, let out a sigh, and poured his eggnog in Zed's cup. Usually when y/n does this, zed enjoys the extra drink, but this time, she was worried.

Y/n: "it's not the same.."

Zed lifts her head up, and looks at y/n, but she didn't even need to look at his face to realize what he meant. Ever since the passing of his grandfather, max Tennyson, y/n has dreaded the thought of a Christmas without him. He remembers that time max got mistaken for a mall Santa. But that story got a good ending, as max was able to get a super rare gift for y/n that Christmas. A golden sumo slammers card that he's kept in a sleeve hidden in the rust bucket.

Max: "heya sport! For you a present!"

Y/n: "really?! What is it?"

Max: "well, you gotta wait till Christmas to open it up!"

Y/n: "aw man.."

Y/n's sorrow look grew a slight smile, a chuckle even left his mouth as he thought about the memory. Seeing this, zed came up with an idea. She runs off, searching for something inside the rust bucket 2. A moment later, she walks in front of y/n, with a squeaky toy in her mouth.

That brought y/n back again, remember another old memory. That memory was when he and max got together to get zed a gift for her first Christmas.

Y/n: "I hope zed likes it.."

Max: "why wouldn't she?"

Y/n: "I don't know..! w-what if she doesn't like the noise? What if she doesn't like the shape? What if-"

Max: "y/n, it's ok. She'll like it. What'd you get her anyway?"

Y/n: "a toy monkey.."

Max: "hm. I bet she'll love it"

Y/n smiles, seeing that dog toy monkey in Zed's mouth. It's gotten damaged over the years of zed playing with it. It's missing three of the five squeakers, and missing an entire arm, but zed still loved it with a passion. Why? Cause y/n gave it to her!

Zed puts her toy in y/n's lap, and runs off to get another thing to put another smile on y/n's face. Coming back, zed leans forward, and shows y/n an odd device. Grabbing it from her, y/n activates it, showing it off to be an energy blade pocket knife. Grandpa gave him this when he first turned fifteen, but at the point, y/n was so used to the transformations, he didn't really use it.

Y/n: "a pocket knife?"

Max: "had an old friend make one for ya. How's it feel?"

Y/n: "great! But.. do I really need it?"

Max: "with how good you've been at those transformations, I guess not. But it couldn't hurt, right?"