Winchester & Morgan

Spencer's POV

"Ready to do this?" Sam asked as we got out of the car and grabbed our weapons.

"Honey, I was born ready." I told him with a smirk, tossing him his gun which I had just filled with silver bullets.

"Alright, let's go." He ordered, closing the trunk and leading the way towards the darkened house. The two of us hid our guns in our jackets so as not to scare any of the neighbors. It wasn't very smart to be doing this part of the job in daylight, but this was our one chance to catch the guy, knowing exactly where he was. Luckily, it wasn't too light outside. Sundown was approaching.

"You sure he's still in there?" I asked him, suspicious of how quite it was inside the house. "What if he already killed the family and moved on?" Sam froze just after I said that, causing me to nearly run into him being as I was following close behind. I would have if I hadn't also stopped in my tracks. A loud crash and a scream erupted from the house. We looked at each other, battle fire in our eyes, before storming into the house, guns at the ready.

It had gone silent again. We slowly skulked through the house with our guard high. The shifter could jump out at any minute, and we would be ready. Sam dug in his pocket, pulling out a small flashlight and clicking it on. He flashed it into a large room before turning into the room. He turned around, giving me hand signals to go find the family and get them out. I nodded in understanding, pulling out my own flashlight and continuing down the hallway. I guess all hunters had some kind of universal language because I hardly even knew Sam, but I understood his signals.

I began to move a little faster through the house but still quiet as a mouse. Every room that I passed, I silently pushed the door open and shined the light in. I arrived at the end of the hallway, where there were two turns. I shined the light down the right turn, where I saw a back door or emergency exit. Whatever this family referred to it as. Good. It'll provide a quick escape for the family, if they were still in the house.

I turned down the left side and made my way to the door at the end. It was slightly cracked open, and there was blood smeared on it along with the wall next to it. I slowly inched towards the door. There were definitely people in there because I could hear their heavy, rasped breathing. It sounded like someone was trying to hold in sobs. I pushed the door open, immediately placing my finger over my mouth and holding out my hand to show the family that I was here to help. Their breathing quickened but began slowing down again when they realized what I was doing. 

I slowly shined the light around the room, taking it all in. There were three people in the room, just like the other vics. The mother and two daughters. One of the girls was slouched over in her chair, the other looked scared to death, and the mother was looking at her daughters. She was the one holding back sobs. From what I could see, the shifter wasn't here. He must have hid somewhere when he heard the door get kicked down.

I looked in every nook and cranny, checking to be sure the shifter was out of the room. When everything was clear, I moved to untie the girls.

"Everything's gonna be okay. I'm gonna get you out of here." I told them in a comforting whisper, starting with the little girl that looked scared to death. "But what about Cali?!" She cried, staring at her sister. I glanced at Cali and looked back at her. "We'll get Cali out, too."

"You can't." The mother spoke up, her voice hoarse, probably from screaming. "He killed her already." She wouldn't lift her face, but I could see the tears falling.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, getting the little girl untied and moving to the mother. "But I will get you two out. It'll be okay." As soon as I untied the mother, the little girl jumped into her arms, sobbing grossly. "Mommy!" Her mom shushed her, looking up at me.