*Chance Meeting*

✪✪Words in between 2 * in the title means that it is a flashback from Spencer's 5 years without Lexi.✪✪

This was the second year of Lexi's selling her soul for me. She had been stuck in Hell for approximately one year, two months, and one week. Yes, I've been counting.

For so long, after she was taken from me, I had spent a majority of my time in bars and greasy motel rooms drowning my sorrows in whatever drink I could get my hands on. Liquor, whiskey, vodka, scotch, anything you could think of. The back seat of Lexi's... I mean my car (I still found it hard to call it my car, but every time I called it Lexi's it caused more pain) was littered with empty bottles.

I had no one anymore. No family, no friends. Well, I never really had friends anyway because of the way I lived, so that wasn't unusual. However, Lexi was the only family I had left, and now she was gone too.

Eventually I had to straighten myself out on my own so that I could figure out a way to bust my sister out. There had to be some way. And technically, Lexi's contract (I come back to life, she gets ten days to live, and if either of us try anything to change that then we both drop dead) was fulfilled so whatever I do should be perfectly safe.

Once I sobered up a bit, I got to work trying to get her out. I regret not doing this sooner because I had no idea how long it would actually take... or the outcome of my success. The past few months I've been travelling to different crossroads all over the country, meeting with different demons and trying to strike up deals. Only a few of them came close to caving, but the rest were smarter than that. They knew who I was and who my sister was.

They weren't too keen on letting her go. I don't know what it was about us, but demons seemed to find us 'valuable.' Now, more than ever, since one of us sacrificed our life for the other. I guess they felt that Lexi had a bit more potential than me... which wasn't a good thing.

I spent the past few months going to tons and tons of crossroads, just hoping I would find one that would help me. I read books, did research, talked to other hunters. Everything that had anything to do with hunting and demons. Nothing helped. I made no progress. I was continuously rejected. Every hunter I talked to wanted nothing to do with it... Some of them I had known when I was a child but hadn't seen in so long. Even they wouldn't help me. They knew my parents, and they still wouldn't help me.

So, after one year, two months, and one week, I was sitting in yet another motel room, feeling hopeless. I refused to give up, but at the moment, I just didn't know what to do.

I was leaning against the wall at the head of the bed, just starting to drift off to sleep when I heard a strange noise that literally scared the crap out of me. My eyes flew open to reveal a man standing in front of my bed. I immediately rolled over on the bed, pulling my gun out from under the pillow, standing up, and aiming the gun at the stranger.

"Who are you? How the hell did you get in here?" I demanded, noticing that the door was neither opened nor unlocked. He held up his hands in defense, the expression on his face calm. Why the hell did he look so relaxed?! I'm aiming a gun at him!

"I'm not here to hurt you. I'm just here to help." He replied, with a steady but deep and raspy voice. I lowered the gun slightly, cocking an eyebrow. "Help me? Help me with what?"

"Your sister, of course. You need help rescuing her from some place." He replied, causing me to raise my gun again. "How do you know that? Who the hell are you?"

"My name is Castiel. I'm an angel of the Lord." My eyes widened, but I wasn't so sure I was believing what I was hearing. "An angel? Get out. Angels don't exist."

"I assure you we do. We don't like to show ourselves very much, helping people distantly."

"So, why are you showing yourself to me?"

"Your prayer needs a bit more personal help. Plus, it wasn't very clear exactly what you need help with, in terms of where your sister is."

"Prayer?" I asked, not understanding. I didn't pray. After everything that's happened, I never felt inclined to pray. I didn't believe in God or miracles anymore.

"Yes, you prayed for help." He replied.

I scoffed. "I don't pray."

"Well, clearly you prayed without realizing it. Either way, you did, and I'm here to answer your prayers." I looked him up and down. He was handsome, believe it or not. He had dark hair and bright blue eyes. He was dressed in a suit, blue tie, and long tan trench coat.

"Whatever. If you're really an angel, then a normal little bullet won't hurt you now, will it?" I honestly wasn't sure if I believed him or not. And to be honest, I kind of wanted to shoot him.

"No, it won't, but I wouldn't advise shooting me. You wouldn't want anyone calling the police on you would you?" I sighed, lowering the gun to my side. He was right. I definitely did not want any cops showing up.

"Ok, Castiel. You're here to help me, so help me."

"First, I need to know where your sister is."

"Shouldn't you already know that if you heard my 'prayer'?"

"That's one of the reasons I'm here. I guess your absence of faith didn't allow the whole prayer to be said. Tell me where she is, and I can help you."

I hesitated, not really sure if I should say. Then I figured, who am I kidding? I have no other plans.

"She's in Hell."

✪✪So yay!! Now you guys know how Spencer and Castiel met. Don't worry there will be more flashbacks with her and Cas. What did you guys think of this chapter? Leave me all kinds of comments!

Don't forget to vote and share! I love you guys!

Until the next update...

~~Sky~~