Crossroads Demon

"Spencer?" I held her head in my hands. "Come on, Spence, don't die on me. We'll get through this like we always do." She looked like she was trying to listen to what I was saying, but I could tell she was slowly fading. I put my hand on top of hers that was covering up the wound. "It'll all be ok, Spence."

Her eyes were wanting to close. "Spencer, no, stay with me. We're gonna get you better." I pulled her away from the wall into a hug. I felt tears in my eyes. Damnit. No, stay strong. I told myself. "Alright, up and at 'em." I said as I picked her up off the floor. I carried her out to the car and laid her down in the back seat.

When I set her down, her eyes were closed. "No, no, no, no, Spence!!" I yelled. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her. Nothing. "No." I said quietly. "NO!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Then came the tears. I knelt down by the side of the car and rested my head in Spencer's lap. I lifted my head to look at her. She looked so peaceful, as if she were sleeping. Minus the blood. That didn't help the pain though. It just made me wish that she was sleeping.

"Damnit, Spencer..." I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek. "Why'd you have to leave me now, like this?"

I stood up, looking up at the sky. "Why does everyone have to leave me like this?!" I yelled to no one in particular, now assuming that there was no God. If there was, he apparently didn't give a rats ass about us.

I looked back at Spencer laying in the car. I clenched my jaw and looked down, noticing that my hands were in fists at my sides. I looked up at the sky again, anger in my eyes. I closed Spencer's door then stalked over to the driver's seat. I didn't fumble with the keys once, considering how angry I was. I pulled out of the driveway and made my way to an abandoned house I saw a few miles back.

When I got there, I brought Spencer inside and found a bed. I gently laid her on the bed and then stormed back outside. This place was in the middle of nowhere and abandoned so I didn't have to worry about someone happening across the body.

I got back in the car, which still had the engine running. This baby purred like a kitten. It was our dad's. A black 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible. He gave it to me about a year before he died. I slammed the door shut and drove away as fast as I could. I had passed a crossroads on the way here, and that's where I was headed now.

It was, like the house, in the middle of nowhere so I assumed it didn't get much business. I parked the car and rumaged around in the trunk until I found everything I needed. A small box, a photo of myself, some graveyard dirt, and the bone of a black cat. I walked to the middle of the crossroads and estimated where the center was. Then I dug a hole and buried the box.

I didn't have to wait long, which was lucky for the demon. He showed up behind me. "Hello, darling." I heard an english accent say. I whipped around to face him. You've gotta be kidding me. I thought. "You're Crowley, aren't you?"

"Ooh, aren't you a smart cookie." He smiled. His eyes suddenly turned red, then went back to normal. Well, at least it was a guy. "So, Alexis Morgan. Isn't this delightful." He said, walking closer.

"My name is Lexi." I told him. I hated it when people called me Alexis. "Whatever." He said. "So, what can Crowley do for you, love?"

"I think you know."

"You are correct about that, but can't a guy be polite?" He asked, trying to look offended.

"Not your kind." He shrugged. "Very well, you..." He paused, pointing at me. "Want me." He paused again, pointing at himself. "To bring your sister back, right?"

I nodded. "I know you can do it."

"Ah, yes. But why would I want to?" He stepped a little closer, then started walking in circles around me. "What have you ever done for me?"

"Generally, the buyer doesn't have to do anything for the seller. Just give me the usual deal. My soul for my sister, and I get ten years."

"But, see, you're not like the others. You're a hunter. A special one, at that." He continued walking around in circles. "And I don't feel obliged to give you anything."

I was starting to get annoyed. I put my hand in my pocket, where my salt was. I was ready to get him dealing. "Oh, no worries for that, love. I'll make the deal." I looked at him, confusion clouding my thoughts. That was unexpected.

"You'll give me my sister? And ten years?"

"Oh, not even close, darling. I'll give you you're sister and ten days."

I stared at him in shock. Ten days? That's all I get? He could apparently tell what I was thinking. "Its better to have ten days with a sister who's alive then the rest of your life with a sister who's dead." He stopped walking and looked at me. "Wouldn't you agree?"

I looked up at him and walked closer. "Ten days?" He nodded. "My sister comes back?" He nodded again. "And she stays alive, no matter what?" He nodded again. I looked down considering that. "Its a good deal." He told me. I looked back up at him. "Alright. Deal." I told him. I knew what was coming next. "Oh, and you try to get out of it? I'll kill both of you." He smiled a devilish smile. I still accepted...and well, did what I had to do to seal the deal. I've had better kisses. Way better.

"Pleasure doing business with you, darling." He said, then disappeared.