Two Minutes To Midnight

✪✪See what I did there with the title? ;)✪✪

Today was it. The day. My final day. I gotta admit, I'm pretty freaked. I've been playing it cool for my sister, but I get the feeling she can see right through it.

These past ten days have been pretty great. Not only did Spencer and I hunt, we also had fun. We both have this thing with pranks. We love to prank each other but what's even more fun than that is pranking others. We hit quite a few bars in the past few days, not just to drink but to prank.

This one guy we pranked, total dick. He was completely drunk. Now, when I say drunk, I mean drunk like talking to furniture drunk. So, we set up a little prank. We even had the bartenders hook up a camera to the tvs so the whole bar could see. They got a kick out of it.

We had a few helpers, too. So, we got a bartender to grab a mop out of the supply closet. We really didn't have to do anything, just slather some lipstick on it and stick on a couple of buttons. To add some flare, though, someone was celebrating their birthday and has a thing for balloons. We tied a couple of balloons to the stick and tada! Sexy mop girlfriend.

We just slipped her in front of the drunk guy and watched the magic happen. Since he was so good at talking to furniture, we didn't worry about the whole conversation bit of the prank. The whole time, he would not stop staring at her "boobs." He even proposed to her... He never even knew it was all a prank. He just left with his fake mop fiance. Poor guy.

Anyway, we've actually done some useful things. We took care of a nasty nest of vampires, a couple of ghosts which I can't stand the sight of now, and everyone's favorite, a shapeshifter. Saved some lives. No big deal. So, that's how my last few days have been. Right now, Spencer and I were staying at a motel in Texas. I told Spencer that we would both just stay at the motel until the hellhounds came for me. She wanted to be there with me until the end.

Well, I say no way in Hell am I letting that happen. She thinks I'm going to stay here with her, but I don't plan on it. I don't really want my baby sister to see me get ripped to pieces by giant invisible dogs.

So, I was sitting at the small round table in front of the fridge with a beer. I looked to the clock. '10:30' it read. So I had an hour and a half left. I glanced over to Spencer's bed. She was on top of the sheets not under them from sitting there waiting, and she was out like a light. She had a gun laying next to her. Fat load of good that would do.

I slowly got up, not wanting to wake her. I grabbed a piece of paper and scrawled a little note for her. I had to face this alone. I placed it under her gun, grabbed my keys, and walked out the door, leaving the motel keys behind.

I pulled out of the parking lot and sped away. I let out a sigh of relief. Atleast my sister will be far away from me when this happens. I thought. I was in Dallas right now, currently heading to Fort Worth. I turned on the radio and listened to my last hour and a half of classic rock. Boy, was I going to miss that.

Fort Worth, Texas

I drove around for a little while, looking for a good place to stay. I didn't want to stay in a motel because eventually someone would find me, and I had a feeling it wouldn't be my sister.

I finally found an abandoned house. Those were better than anything. I parked the car and just sat there for a few seconds. This was it. I took the keys out of the ignition and got out of the car. Before closing the door, I took off my dad's old leather jacket. It was way too big for me, but I usually wear it when I go to sleep. I decided to wear it on the drive over here since it would be my last moments of life. I set it down in the front seat, putting my keys on top of it. Spencer was smart. She would figure out where I went, and when she did I wanted her to have the car and the leather jacket. I walked passed the front of the car, patting the hood. "Take care, baby."

I walked inside the abandoned house. It certainly had more furniture than most ababdoned houses. I found the center of the house, the living room. I was too edgy to sit down so I just leaned against the wall. I pulled my knife out of my boot. I knew it wouldn't do any good and I was going down antway, but I wasn't going down without a fight.

I twirled the knife in my fingers and looked at the clock, surprised it still worked. Two minutes to midnight. My time was almost up. Suddenly, I heard loud barking, surrounding me. They were coming.

I moved away from the wall, in front of the coffee table. Come on, let's get this over with. I thought. Then, out of nowhere, the front door burst open. An unseen force pushed past the chairs and table in the kitchen. The hellhounds stopped when they reached the living room. They weren't right in front of me, but I could feel their hot breath on my face.

Every tick of the clock seemed to get louder and louder as my time slowly came due. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. TICK. That last one was pretty loud, as if the clock had stopped. I slowly looked up. 12:00. The hellhounds charged at me, throwing me back on top of the table.

Then I heard something. Someone screaming my name. I looked to the side and saw Spencer running in, screaming. Damnit. I thought. The hounds tore at my legs, ripped up my abdomen, pulling me off the table as I screamed from the pain. I tried to yell out to Spencer but could only get out one word. "How?!"

"I know you too well! I turned on your GPS before you left!" She screamed back. "Lexi!!" I couldn't tell if she was talking anymore. My eardrums were pounding, I had about a pack of hellhounds on top of me, and just about every inch of my body was screaming in pain. My vision blurred. I screamed out one last time then nothing.

Lights out.