The Long Ride

✪✪Hey guys! So sorry it took so long to update this!! I've been doing other stuff as well as working on my more popular story Secrets of the Fallen. Anyway, here's the next chapter! ;)✪✪

The song that was playing was 'House of the Rising Sun' by The Animals. It was a really good song so I reached over and turned it up, looking at Dean out of the corner of my eye and smiling.

"You have a good taste in music as well as cars? Chick, you are awesome."

I smirked. "Its a gift."

The car ride was silent for the next few minutes and kind of awkward. We had only just met and Dean didn't know that I had overheard his conversation with Sam. I was looking out the window at all the buildings we passed when Dean broke the silence.

"So, what happened?"

"What?" I asked, turning to look at him. That was a strange and random question.

"What happened..." He hesitated before continuing. "Five years ago?"

"Oh, you mean when I went to Hell..." My voice was quiet. I hadn't meant to sound small. I guess this was just a sore subject. I looked back out the window, not sure what to say. I mean, I'm not just going to open up and tell this guy my life story.

"I'm sorry. Its none of my business." He apologized, turning back to the road awkwardly. I sighed, turning back to him but not quite looking at him. "No, its fine."

He looked a little surprised I had actually decided to tell him. I took another deep breath. "Spencer and I were on a hunt. It was a ghost. Spencer was holding it off while I found its remains which were at the house. When I found them and burned them, I heard Spencer scream. So, I took off in her direction. When I found her, the salt circle was broken and she had a knife in her stomach...."

I let him take that in first. Not that it was that big of a deal. I'm sure worse has happened to him and Sam. He turned to me. "Let me guess. You sold your soul and the demon didn't even give you a year?"

I nodded. "Ten days." I muttered. I looked back out the window, not wanting to see his reaction to that. "I got a year." He said. I whipped my head around to look at him again, completely shocked.

"You sold your soul?"

He nodded. "This has always been a complicated life. Sammy died and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't leave him like that."

"That's exactly how I felt about Spencer!" I began to open up a little more, seeing that I could actually relate to him. Both of our parents were killed by demons and we both sold our souls for our younger siblings. "How did you get out though? You must have not been in there very long cause you're definitely no demon."

He smirked at that last comment. "I was in there for four months. An angel pulled me out."

"Castiel?"

He nodded. "So you've heard of him."

"Castiel has slaughtered countless numbers of my kind as well as his own. Of course I have." I replied a little too harshly. Its not my fault though. He's a freaking angel that tried to be God. Yeah, just because I was in Hell doesn't mean I don't know stuff.

"Well, once you get to know him, he's a hell of a guy." Dean defended him.

"Wait a minute. You're friends with the guy?" I couldn't believe my ears. Who in their right mind would be friends with an angel? Especially one as screwed up as Castiel.

"Hey, he can be a winged dick sometimes but he's always there in the end. He's a good friend."

"How did you two get to be so... buddy-buddy?" I asked, extremely curious. I might have heard things in Hell but nothing about the Winchesters having slumber parties with Castiel.

"Well... he kind of spent too much time down on earth, with us. Which caused him to fall." He explained.

"Castiel fell?" He nodded. Wow. Well, I wasn't just going to automatically trust this guy. He's an angel and there's no doubt in my mind that he'll kill me.

"So, how did you break out of the pit? Clearly it didn't go as well as my jail break." Dean asked, changing the subject. I let out a soft sigh. How long was this car drive anyway?

"Like I said earlier, my sister." That's all I said but Dean wanted more of an explanation. "Come on, I told you my story." He urged. I didn't want to tell him. What was I supposed to say? You're not only hunting with a demon, you're hunting with a witch?

"Um... it took her a while to figure it out but she got help from a witch." Which, technically speaking, was true. She helped herself and me. That's all he was getting out of me. I'm fine with him deciding to kill me but not my sister. She doesn't need to use magic anymore. Its served its purpose.

"Wait, a witch just voluntarily helped a hunter raise her sister from Hell?" It didn't sound like he believed me. I wasn't surprised. Most witches only use magic for their own benefit. They don't play well with others. I thought of a quick response that always works. "The witch owed her. She was just repaying a debt."

Dean nodded but said no more. Thank God. I really didn't want to talk about this anymore. Where the hell were they staying? I felt like we had been on the road forever. Maybe its just because I'm not used to riding shotgun.

"So are we gonna get to this motel today or...?" I asked jokingly. He smirked, turning the corner. I guess I spoke too soon because a motel was right there. The Sunlit Inn.

"I swear some of these motels sound like fancy hotels." I commented. Dean chuckled, parking the car next to mine. He shut off the engine and we both got out, meeting up with Spencer and Sam.

"Alright. Time for some research and planning." Spencer said, rubbing her hands together. This was her favorite part about working with other hunters. Showing off. She was really good at research. I, on the other hand, was better in the field.