A Dark Place

Spencer's POV
This is one of the very few chapters that's in Spencer's point of view. Most are in Lexi's, so enjoy!!✪✪

"Lexi!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I watched as the hellhounds tore her to shreds. I stood there, helpless. I knew from the jump that there was nothing I could do but I couldn't leave my sister alone. I just couldn't stand the thought of her facing this without me.

I tried to run up to her but one of the hounds ran astray and jumped me. I thought I was done for too, but they weren't here for me. It basically just threw me at the wall, clawing at me and making sure I didn't step another foot towards their prey.

Then suddenly, the growling and barking stopped. I felt the hellhounds claws leave me and the room was quiet again. I ran over to Lexi's limp body, ignoring the pain from all the scratches I just received. I knelt down next to her, feeling the tears I had been trying to hold back suddenly burst through the dam. I picked her up in my arms and cradled her head against my chest.

I wanted to say something, but I couldn't get anything out through all the tears. My only family, my sister, gone because of me. I put my head down on top of hers and rocked back and forth. I didn't know what to do. The grief was clouding everything, my thoughts, my actions. Lexi was the one person in the whole world that I trusted with my life. Well, she didn't let me down but look where that got her.

I couldn't think of anything else to do except sit there, crying over my dead sister's body. So, I screamed. I realize that's not the most logical thing to do but I couldn't think straight. My sister was in Hell, and it was all my fault.

Any normal hunter would salt and burn the remains of their loved ones. Its the honorable hunter's death. I wasn't a normal hunter though. I wasn't just going to give up on my sister and let her rot in Hell. She didn't give up on me.

So, first of all, I found an empty plot of land on the outskirts of Fort Worth. One that wasn't exactly close to civilization. There was an old abandoned house, of course. Lucky me. I figured I couldn't exactly carry around my sister, considering she's ripped apart and covered in blood. So, I decided to bury her just until I found a way to bust her out.

I set up a little landmarker above her, so if I needed to I would know where to find her. Then I set out, looking for information and hunting. The hunting part was mostly a time filler though. My main goal was to get Lexi topside again.

For months I looked for answers, anything that would help. Its not that easy finding a book on how to bring your hellbound sister back from the dead. I couldn't find anything in the books.

I tried dealing. Everything. No demons would deal. Apparently they valued Lexi's soul more than mine. Either that or they just enjoyed torturing her more. So, nada on the crossroads demons.

I even tried angels. I heard a story once about an angel who pulled a soul out of Hell, not once but twice. It also wasn't the same soul. One of them was pulled from Lucifer's cage. I don't usually listen to hunter gossip or whatever you wanna call it but that part stuck out. If an angel could pull someone out of Lucifer's cage, then they should be able to help my sister, right?

Wrong. I tried, I begged, I pleaded. The angels just couldn't help me. I was running out of options. Then I thought to myself, 'Who has the power to do anything they want with just a few ingredients?' Not angels or demons. Witches. Surely there were witches out there powerful enough to help me?

I traveled all over the country, looking for a witch that would help. But all witches work for someone, while not pleasing themselves with murdering innocent people. Every single witch I spoke to told me the same thing. "My boss would kill me." "Do you know what my boss would do to me?" Basically, they gave me every excuse they could possibly think of to tell me no.

So, I took matters into my own hands. No witch would help me, I would have to help myself. That's right. I got into witchcraft. I'm still a hunter though. This was just something I had to do.

I practiced and practiced. I got myself comfortable with regular magic, then got in to the dark stuff. That was the only way. It was extremely hard trying to remain discreet among all those hunters. I wasn't hurting anyone, though. I would never let my power drag me down.

It took me years to get it right, but I finally did it. I found the right spell. I successfully performed it. I got Lexi out.