Demon Disguised As A Hunter

It was about 7 am when Spencer finally woke up. I tried not to laugh as she had a serious case of bedhead. "Morning sunshine." I said with a smirk. She looked at me, confused as to why I said that in that tone. "Morning." She mumbled, heading to the bathroom.

As soon as she stepped inside the bathroom, she came back out and glared at me. "Ha, ha." She said in the most sarcastic tone ever. I grinned at her and winked. She went back in the bathroom and shut the door. Guess that's my que to start packing.

I got up off the bed and grabbed my things, stuffing them in my duffel. We probably would be coming back, but I didn't want to take the chance of someone breaking in or needing something that we left here. I didn't bother to change my clothes. I didn't exactly do much in them except drive and lounge.

I waited rather impatiently for Spencer to finish up. She was taking a shower but her showers could be kind of long. She opened the door of the bathroom and stepped out, a thin layer of steam following her. She was wrapped in a towel so of course, I still had to wait for her to get dressed. I crossed my arms and started tapping my feet.

"Hold your horses." She said, holding up her hand as she grabbed her duffel. "Being a demon has definitely made you less patient." No argument there. I hated waiting. I had no tolerance for it.

Spencer walked back into the bathroom and five minutes later, came out dressed and ready to go. I let out a small giggle. Five years and her style was still the same. You'd think after becoming a witch it would've change up at least a little. Nope, she was still wearing her basic hunting clothes: red and blue flannel shirt, skinny jeans, and her favorite all-black converse. She had her brown cargo jacket draped over her arm along with her packed duffel.

I waved her along as we headed out the door. The same man that was in the lobby last night was there now. I slipped him a small smile and he blushed. What can I say? I don't like enemies. That includes pudgy motel workers.

Once outside, Spencer and I threw our duffel bags in the back seat and got in the car. "So, did you find anything last night?" She finally asked me. I shook my head. "I was mainly catching up on everything I missed. Figured it would be best if we dug up a lead together." She smiled as I started the car and drove away.

"Are you hungry?" Spencer asked. She almost sounded nervous to ask me that question as if she didn't know how I would react. Apparently, she thinks demons don't eat. "Nah." I replied, surprising myself. "Probably all the beers I drank last night."

She chuckled. "Well, good. Surprisingly, I'm not either." I gave her a shocked look but couldn't hold it for long before I started laughing. "Well, I could go for some coffee." I told her, and she nodded in agreement.

The first coffee shop we found was a Starbucks. Go figure. We decided to stay in the car and do some research so Spencer went in and got us some coffees to-go while I set up the laptop and connected it to their wifi.

A few minutes later, Spencer climbed into the passenger seat and handed me my coffee. I usually get hot black coffee so I took a sip to make sure Spencer remembered. Yup.

"So, anything yet?" She asked, leaning over to look at the laptop.

"Well, it looks like there actually is a case here." I explained. She cocked an eyebrow, waiting for me to clarify on that. "There were a ton of demonic omens last night. All ranging from Fort Worth to Dallas."

"You found that out that fast?"

"Well, its all over the news. Mostly weather though. A ton of lightning storms. Big ones."

"I didn't hear any rain last night."

"That's cause you were too conked out. I certainly heard it." And that was the truth. I didn't think anything of it at the time but it makes sense now.