Snake

Spencer's POV

"Alright. So, next house… the Cadburys." Sam read from the newspaper as we walked out of the coffee shop, each holding a cup.

"Wow. Sounds like a rich family. Maybe the butler did it!" I joked, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Unless the butler works on a farm and looks exactly like Gary Cadbury, I don't think so." He countered, apparently not getting the joke. I shrugged as I slipped into the passenger seat of the Impala, wearing my old FBI pantsuit. This was the first time I had gotten to wear it since Lexi died.

"Same deal as with the Wilsons? Dad comes home to find his two kids dead and wife tied up, begging for mercy?" I asked, taking a peek at the article he had been reading.

"Yup. This shifter seems to be going for it all. The kill, the torture, and then the false accusation."

"Sounds peachy."

Today was day two on the case. Yesterday, we arrived in Topeka and gave the Wilsons… Or I guess I should say Mrs. Wilson a visit. She told us almost exactly what the article said, except for one thing. She said she saw Mr. Wilson's eyes glowing. She couldn't seem to make sense of that. I'm not sure what normal person would.

So, we left her to her sobbing and went to visit Mr. Wilson in his holding cell. He was freaking out way too much. Luckily, we actually got some words out of him. Apparently, he had a pretty good alibi. He had been working overtime with a few of his partners when the attack happened. They even admitted to this, but apparently, the eye witness of a murder holds up better in court. I swear, these guys have no clue what they're doing. Mostly because they're doing our job.

The rest of the day, we just did some digging into the matter. We found nothing new… Until this morning. This was the third family that's been hit. We decided it might be best to visit this wife before the wife of the second family, considering it was more recent.

"Oh, crap!" Sam slammed on the brakes, and we both lurched forward, me spilling coffee all over the dashboard and floor. "Ah, dammit!" Sam exclaimed, pushing the door open.

"What the hell did you do that for?!" I shouted. I couldn't believe I only got coffee on the car. Not a drop on me. Maybe the scolding drink was afraid of my touch, I though jokingly. "There was something big and black in the road!" He answered, pulling my door open. "Damn, Dean's gonna murder me."

"I don't see anything in the road." I shot at him matter-of-factly, pushing past him to get out of the car. "You didn't see that? It was like a huge snake!" I shook my head, trying to ignore the light hiss blowing in the wind.

"Um, ok, you stay here, and I'll go to that Gas n' Sip to pick up some stuff." He kind of shuffled around, unsure whether he should leave or not. Then he mentally scolded himself for hesitating and took long strides across the street.

I sighed and walked over to the Impala. I glanced around the street to see if anyone was around and bent over the seat. I quickly slipped something out of my pocket and sprinkled it over the stain. I whispered a few words in Latin and boom, the stain was gone.

I hadn't really thought this through, however, because I had to come up with a quick explanation when Sam walked out as to why the stained leather was magically cleaned up.

"What the hell happened to the stain?" He asked, both surprised and confused. "Um, I forgot that I had some really good leather cleaner in my bag. I kept it for Lexi's car. It works like magic." Which technically was true. I mean, I had some leather cleaner but it certainly wasn’t that good.

"Hm… You might have to tell Dean about that. You'd make his day." Sam said, the confusion leaving his face. If he looked even a little suspicious, I couldn't tell. I sighed in relief as he got back into the driver's seat.

I moved to get in the passenger seat but heard a hiss, much louder than the first time. Then I saw, out of the corner of my eye, the black snake. I shook my head in the slightest, most discrete way. A warning. Just like that, it was gone. I sighed again and got into the Impala. "To the Cadburys'."

✪✪So sorry I haven't updated in like FOREVER!! I apologize pretty much every time for taking forever to update so I'm just going to apologize in advance for all my future chapters. Not just in this fic, but my others as well.

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter!! I was originally planning on just giving you guys the next chapter about Lexi and Dean but my friend asked me a question about Spencer and her being a witch and it gave me all these awesome ideas that I'm super excited for so I decided to show you guys what's going on with Spencer and Sam… It's not the longest chapter ever, and I'm sorry for that. The longest chapters will probably be the future flashbacks and the ones in Lexi's POV.

I should be updating Winchester 3.0 soon… I've actually had a chapter written for the longest time but haven't gotten the chance to type it. I still have a chapter to write for Secrets of the Fallen so I'm not sure when I'll update that. I've been super busy, what with Christmas and midterms coming up. I've been more caught up with my quotes book, thank God. I know several of you still need dedications and shout outs from that so please let me know if I still owe you that. Not having wattpad on my nook has been hard.

I still have at least 3 shout outs in my shout out book to update so please be patient with me… I'll try to get those updated as soon as I can. If you haven't noticed, I started adding the basic info for my characters in my questions book. I only have Amber's up from Secrets of the Fallen, but I will be updating the others. If you have any questions on any of my characters, please ask!! I'll answer them in that character's point of view in the book! I haven't gotten a new question in FOREVER, and I miss it. I've really only gotten 2 questions, and I was hoping for more. So, please! If there's anything at all that you wanna know, just ask!

Thanks so much for sticking with me through all this!! I've been on an on and off hiatus, but you guys still stick around and read my fics while also commenting and giving me a ton of support, and I love you guys so much for that!!!  

So, until the next update… ;)

~~Sky~~