C5 Let's restart

You quickly ran away but Riley caught up and stop you in your track.

"Hazel stop! I, I'm- don't look so afraid of me. There are just things you don't know now. My mum will explain to you after school. I promise, it's not my place to say it."

You glared at Riley, unknowingly your fangs were shown as well and you were growling at him. Surprised at what you just did, you covered your mouth in shock, "I can't deal with this now. What is happening and what is going on? I got this inner she-wolf suddenly and- never mind." You scurried away quickly before whatever just happened got worse. "Let's just pretend none of this ever happened, we never had sex. We are still best friends okay? I can't see you more than my best friend."

Riley was took aback, knowing he already marked you and that can't be taken back. Riley sighed, "Hazel! Wait for me."

Upon reaching the school gates, you asked Riley. "Do you think he's at the same school as me? You know, my soulmate."

Riley smiled weakly, "I mean, you have scribbling all over your hand, won't your soulmate too? If he's in this school."

"Yea, but winter is starting. Everyone will be wearing long sleeves." You grumbled. "Speaking of which, won't you be cold? Look at the amount of clothes you're wearing. You'll freeze to death once the temperature drop."

"Nah, I have higher tolerance for cold temperatures. I've been training since young."

"Wow, now that you mention it. You did train in the cold. Why torture yourself like that though? Isn't it suffering?"

"It will be worth it, for you." Riley said softly.

You didn't pay attention to what Riley said as a scent took over your nose. "Riley, did you smell that? It's almost like your scent, but stronger. I can't tell where it's from. It's near yet far. Damn it Rye, your scent is throwing me off. Why did you have to put cologne on today?"

"I didn't." Seeing you so distracted, Riley walked off to class annoyed. "It's just my scent."

"Rye, the smell is gone. Rye?" You looked around and realise Riley is gone. "Maybe he has gone to class." You shrugged it off and went to class as well.

......

During lunch break, you were looking for Riley. Wanting to have lunch with him like usual, but you saw a group of girls hovering over him. You gritted your teeth and sat at whichever table was closest to you. You slammed your food tray on the table showing your unhappiness.

You looked over to Riley and saw the girls still hovering. Your nails scratched against the table, leaving deep nails scars on it. "Grr, he's mine!" Veera screamed and growled in your head. Your inner she-wolf was fuming and her mind link with you made you fume mad as well. Without realising, your nails sunk so deep into the table that you made holes in them. It's almost like the table is made of cardboard that it can be destroyed easily.

You quickly retreated your hand after noticing the marks you made on the table and looked around to make sure nobody saw what you did. You then quietly and quickly ate your food.

The girls were giggling around Riley, "Oh Riley, I've never noticed much about you, but there's something different about you. It feels like you're in heat or something. You're glowing, your scent just keep pulling me closer." A girl ran her finger up and down Riley's arm, teasing him.

With your heighten senses, your hearing improved and you overheard the girls trying to flirt with Riley. Not noticing that words on your arm getting more and more until Jasmine, your classmate got your attention.

"Hey girl, what's up? Your hands are filled with words, finally able to talk to your soulmate?"

"Huh?" As you look at your arm, she's right. Your arms are filled with questions, it seems that your soulmate is going to the same school as you and wants to meet. You quickly replied your soulmate and arranged to meet this instant. "Oh, yeah. I'm going to meet him this instant. Wish me luck jasmine!" You waved to jasmine bye and quickly hurried off.

Riley noticed you left as well.